BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The vendor is not a forum sponsor nor have I ever seen him post in the few years I've been on here.
Everyone has their opinion. I personally think the OP, although he may have had a legitimate beef, was way out of line and got what he deserved. Just like he has on multiple other forums.
You didn't read what he wrote or else give him a complete pass on his rude and arrogant comments.
He was out of line in attacking other members, but it seemed like those guys turned a blind eye to the actual beef with the product. I just think it's curious that the vendor never spoke up despite being on here.

·
2,481 Posts
As someone who just joined the forum, the way this was handled is very disheartening. Like someone said earlier, definitely a good ol' boy mentality here. Has the vendor (who is apparently on this site) actually chimed in? Curious why he hasn't.
Maybe the vendor does not care because they offered OP a refund and OP still went on the attack?

He was out of line in attacking other members, but it seemed like those guys turned a blind eye to the actual beef with the product. I just think it's curious that the vendor never spoke up despite being on here.
Other members addressed his complaint. Vendors . . . particularly those that are not sponsors yet are members should address this? Nah. As @Sailor24 has mentioned, this board is moderated not by moderators but by membership in almost every manner. Moderators are basically tasked with moving threads and dealing with spam. Policing content and members is extremely rare, something that should not change.

How is this silly thread even still alive?

Someone please put it to bed. :)
It can be a good thing to have a thread where people can air grievances and shake their virtual fists in the name of free speech even when it isnt relevant. Nothing wrong with some trolling and flaming, what doesnt make sense is when people are going to bug out over it. They can do what they want, but surely the free wealth of information here vastly outweighs a disagreement over how someone was banned, which seems to be a repeat offense with the OP. The swords some people choose to fall on.

·
Registered
9,830 Posts
For hopefully the last time. The vendor had some serious health issues some years ago. For those of us that have been around for a long time most suspect this was world shattering for said vendor or at least life changing. There have been no new products, or changes to his web site and he does not post here anymore.

In all likelihood he is still sick. So for the ol'boys club like you want to call people we have some awareness, even though nothing has ever been made public. Yes it is completely understandable if you don't know the history you may form a different opinion, but now you do know.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
The quality of this place has really picked up since all of the trolls were booted out.

Does anybody know what kind of oil is recommended by BMW for the S62? I am getting conflicting advice from my service adviser and my engine builder.

·
2,481 Posts
The quality of this place has really picked up since all of the trolls were booted out.

Does anybody know what kind of oil is recommended by BMW for the S62? I am getting conflicting advice from my service adviser and my engine builder.
:hihi:

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
How does one get in to the "good ole boy network"? Sounds like fun.......

141 - 147 of 147 Posts
About this Discussion
146 Replies
30 Participants
Rosie
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing