BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Cool, I was thinking of changing up my front end a bit. Already have slimm's grille, flippers, fog light ducts and padded center console. Maybe a front lip will be a good change.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Cool, I was thinking of changing up my front end a bit. Already have slimm's grille, flippers, fog light ducts and padded center console. Maybe a front lip will be a good change.
Go for it if you don't mind overpaying for poor quality.

·
Registered
9,830 Posts
It is clear you have no knowledge of how to install things like this. You don't want mounting holes, you want to clamp it place then drill through both for perfect alignment. The rest of your complaints are just buyer remorse. You know we don't really like this sort of over inflated crud here?

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It is clear you have no knowledge of how to install things like this. You don't want mounting holes, you want to clamp it place then drill through both for perfect alignment. The rest of your complaints are just buyer remorse. You know we don't really like this sort of over inflated crud here?
Look at the photo posted on their own website. There are mounting holes which line up to the existing holes along the bottom side of the OEM bumper. A $300 part should not require you to drill additional holes into your bumper and hack it up. The finish of the part is absolutely not what was shown in the photos either. Maybe you're ok with this kind of nonsense and have low standards, but I've been modifying BMWs for years...this is the worst quality part I've ever received for the price.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
I have multiple products from slim, including multiple sets of the foglight ducts, and have found them all to be of very high quality. Your lip doesn't seem to be Slim's best work, but I absolutely understand and agree with Slim's irritation at your public complaint (publicly calling it "junk") before you even had an initial response from him. All seems a bit overboard and tinged with an ulterior motive, as does your eagerness to perpetuate this thread.

I suggest that the moderators close the thread.

--Peter

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have multiple products from slim, including multiple sets of the foglight ducts, and have found them all to be of very high quality. Your lip doesn't seem to be Slim's best work, but I absolutely understand and agree with Slim's irritation at your public complaint (publicly calling it "junk") before you even had an initial response from him. All seems a bit overboard and tinged with an ulterior motive, as does your eagerness to perpetuate this thread.

I suggest that the moderators close the thread.

--Peter
Have you read what I wrote at all? In my first post, I even stated I was waiting to see what he would do to make it right. When I brought up the quality of the lip, specifically the imperfections, warped condition, and lack of pre-drilled holes as pictured on their site, the response was merely that these are older cars and this is acceptable. It was then that I decided I no longer wanted the lip and want them to refund me. After multiple emails with delayed responses, we got into it via email convo.

I'm frankly amazed at how people feel this is an acceptable product for the price. There is no other "motive" than to call out a company passing off subpar products to what I'm finding out now, are people with very low standards.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
Have you read what I wrote at all? In my first post, I even stated I was waiting to see what he would do to make it right. When I brought up the quality of the lip, specifically the imperfections, warped condition, and lack of pre-drilled holes as pictured on their site, the response was merely that these are older cars and this is acceptable. It was then that I decided I no longer wanted the lip and want them to refund me. After multiple emails with delayed responses, we got into it via email convo.

I'm frankly amazed at how people feel this is an acceptable product for the price. There is no other "motive" than to call out a company passing off subpar products to what I'm finding out now, are people with very low standards.
You clearly didn't read what I posted and continue to exemplify a bias, which renders your comments and this thread completely unhelpful to anyone.

I reiterate my request that the moderators close this thread.

--Peter

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If you think the lip I received for $300 is acceptable in any way, you need to get your eyes checked.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The lip should have come with pre-drilled holes. Search the forum, everyone who has received one of these can tell you there should be 13 small holes that line up with the holes already found on your bumper. Do your homework, boy.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
The lip should have come with pre-drilled holes. Search the forum, everyone who has received one of these can tell you there should be 13 small holes that line up with the holes already found on your bumper. Do your homework, boy.
You won't get anywhere with anyone on THIS board by disparaging a stalwart such as Sailor24 as a "boy." kpeng ban should be in place temporarily.

--Peter

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
But yeah, I'm the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. While I'm sure Rick (Slim) made nice stuff in the past, this piece is clearly not up to par and not what he seemingly sends out.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Had all that ready to post, huh? Hmmmm.

--Peter
Took me like 2 minutes to find them all on the forum. Whatever conspiracy theory you have in your head, squash it. I have no ulterior motives. I'm not a vendor or anything. Just someone they tried to rip off with their junk.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This got pretty hostile pretty fast.

·
Registered
9,830 Posts
You are wrong but anyway. I can't wait until you need help here.

21 - 40 of 147 Posts
About this Discussion
146 Replies
30 Participants
Rosie
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing