BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year several of us attended the German Car Fest and exhibited our M5s there. The German Car Fest will be held again this year at Rice Park in downtown St. Paul, on Saturday, June 11th. It is a beautiful venue with generally a healthy turn-out. Here are a few pics from the '04 German Car Fest from our Northstar Chapter BMWCCA photo archives:

If there is enough interest in attending and exhibiting our cars there, we can plan on attending the event as a group, and some of us will then drive the Bluff Country on Sunday, the 12th. Otherwise, we will probably plan on driving on Saturday the 11th and forgoing the German Car Fest.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back to the top. Where is everyone?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Al:
Sorry to have missed your post. I've been very busy reloading
and competing in shooting events. My plans are flexable for the weekend.
Let me know what the itinerary is.
Best regards,
Stacey

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
eMpwrd5 said:
what does that badge above the sidemarkers represent?

Those are badges with the M colors that I had made up for our driving group. They do not represent any specific organization/official club but do serve to embody the spirit and esprit de corps of M on our drives :wroom:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Having not heard any objections, we will proceed with plans to drive on Saturday, the 11th, and not attend the German Car Fest this year.

I am working out the route/itinerary currently, with the schwerpunkt being the coulee country of Western Wisconsin. More details to follow...

·
Registered
623 Posts
schnelleM5 said:
Having not heard any objections, we will proceed with plans to drive on Saturday, the 11th, and not attend the German Car Fest this year.

I am working out the route/itinerary currently, with the schwerpunkt being the coulee country of Western Wisconsin. More details to follow...

How long it takes you to get there :confused:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anglas said:
How long it takes you to get there :confused:

We are blessed here in Southeastern Minnesota to be part of the beautiful Bluff Country, an area that was untouched by the glacial advance of the last Ice Age, and which encompasses the Southeastern corner of Minnesota and a portion of Western Wisconsin. I live only minutes from some wonderful roads, but on our group drives we venture deeper into the hinterlands, which are less than an hour or so away. We usually take the less travelled, twisty routes and put on at least 300-350 miles in a day of spirited driving :wroom:

The destination is ultimately not as important for us as the journey :flag:

·
Registered
623 Posts
schnelleM5 said:
We are blessed here in Southeastern Minnesota to be part of the beautiful Bluff Country, an area that was untouched by the glacial advance of the last Ice Age, and which encompasses the Southeastern corner of Minnesota and a portion of Western Wisconsin. I live only minutes from some wonderful roads, but on our group drives we venture deeper into the hinterlands, which are less than an hour or so away. We usually take the less travelled, twisty routes and put on at least 300-350 miles in a day of spirited driving :wroom:

The destination is ultimately not as important for us as the journey :flag:

Sounds like a lot of fun. Have a good journey :byee55amg

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Al and the MN Crew,

I'm so sorry to have to send (last minute) regrets--Please don't give up on me??

And have a WONDERFUL TIME OUT THERE!!!

Anita

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No sweat, Anita. I just hope the weather holds as we seem to be in the midst of a very unstable pattern this week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts