BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my delivery month confirmed this morning. May build for July delivery.

I've gone for Silverstone/perforated black with aluminium with ventilated seats. Pretty much everything else is standard on Aust spec cars.

Can't wait! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Mhh,

Congratulations..

Do you recall the when (month) you initially placed your order?(I assume with Adelaide Motors)

Steve...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Mark,

Found out last week I was 4th on their list & thought that was a bit low as I signed up March last year but it seems you & two others were "super keen".. Oh well, I ONLY need to wait till October.. Haven't converted that to "sleeps" yet though.. :)

Steve...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Provided I can get the "right" price on my M3 I certainly will be. They haven't let me down B4 so there will be either an Interlagos Blue or Indianapolis Red touring the streets also come October..

Steve..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve Newell said:
Provided I can get the "right" price on my M3 I certainly will be. They haven't let me down B4 so there will be either an Interlagos Blue or Indianapolis Red touring the streets also come October..

Steve..
]

I'll be looking out for it!

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
mhh said:
I got my delivery month confirmed this morning. May build for July delivery.

I've gone for Silverstone/perforated black with aluminium with ventilated seats. Pretty much everything else is standard on Aust spec cars.

Can't wait! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are the first Australian cars arriving in July? If so it’s nice to know that South Africa can at least beat you Australians at something ;) .Our first cars arrive in June and mine is all specked waiting to get built.

·
Registered
164 Posts
m5SA said:
Are the first Australian cars arriving in July? If so it’s nice to know that South Africa can at least beat you Australians at something ;) .Our first cars arrive in June and mine is all specked waiting to get built.
:cheers:
Where are you getting yours from?

Now if we can just beat you in rugby :hihihi:

·
Registered
6 Posts
SoulBladeZA said:
:cheers:
Where are you getting yours from?

Now if we can just beat you in rugby :hihihi:
The dealer asked me not to mention as only grade B dealers got allocation and they dont wanto make waves. I have been on the list for over 3 years. When I got my 2001 M3, I orderd the M5.:cool: It is in the south of jhb so work it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I finally spoke to the dealer today, he has been chasing me for the last couple of weeks, thought it was regarding a 7 series, so was in no rush, same deal July/Aug delivery, wants me to come in and select options. Dealer is Melb BMW, I am 6 on list, but their initial allocation is for 8 cars.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
steve999 said:
I finally spoke to the dealer today, he has been chasing me for the last couple of weeks, thought it was regarding a 7 series, so was in no rush, same deal July/Aug delivery, wants me to come in and select options. Dealer is Melb BMW, I am 6 on list, but their initial allocation is for 8 cars.
Great news Steve. :)

What colour, options are you going for?

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
mhh said:
Great news Steve. :)

What colour, options are you going for?

Mark
Hadn't even thought about it actually, thought it would be a while yet. I only ordered the car in Oct last year when we bought the new M3 for she who must be obeyed.
To be honest, I'm not even sure I want to take delivery of the car. The S600 has been chipped, so is more comfortable and significantly faster, I'm having a blast with the 550 at trackdays, so I don't know that there's room for an M5 in my life right now.
Ah... it's tough being a perfromance car enthusiast these days isn't it?!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
steve999 said:
Hadn't even thought about it actually, thought it would be a while yet. I only ordered the car in Oct last year when we bought the new M3 for she who must be obeyed.
To be honest, I'm not even sure I want to take delivery of the car. The S600 has been chipped, so is more comfortable and significantly faster, I'm having a blast with the 550 at trackdays, so I don't know that there's room for an M5 in my life right now.
Ah... it's tough being a perfromance car enthusiast these days isn't it?!!
Stephen, I didn't recognise the handle!

I agree you are well catered for at the moment. Good to see the 550 is getting put to good use. :)

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
mhh said:
Stephen, I didn't recognise the handle!

I agree you are well catered for at the moment. Good to see the 550 is getting put to good use. :)

Mark
Maybe when it arrives I'll fall in love and trade the MB. With the S being superseded next year, I'm keen to get out of it, if I can find the right car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts