BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Here is a pic of the standard E60 link on the bottom and the M5 link on the top. The link on the left is from Meyle, and the boot on the right of my original link is gone but all that is besides the point.

It depends on what your knuckles look like, but LCI for sure uses the larger stud and ball seat.

The application guides for these links are wrong on Meyle.

·
Registered
732 Posts
It’s not clear in the pic due to the angle, but both are lined up at the base of the stud when it meets with the seat.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
So those are not the same. The ones that I found are not for standard E60 but for M5 until 08/2006, Lemforder 27161 02 / 33322348887

sfvswDFSFD.JPG

sdfsdfd.JPG

·
2,169 Posts
No need. Been there done that. See:

·
Registered
732 Posts
yeah hence the confusion. AFAIK, the later M5s need 33322283772 and 33322283771. August is usually always the model year cut off, but Germans always refer to production month. In any event, we know for a fact that 6MT was only for 2007 MY, and production of those started after August 2006. This jives perfectly with what people have said that all of the M5s sent to the US (like yours) need 33322283772 and 33322283771.

If we can convince Meyle to put in a different ball joint on their aftermarket links, we'd be free from the ZF/Lemforder/BMW monopoly on this crap. I'm sure the reason why they haven't is because they know that worldwide vehicles in service is low 4 figures, so they won't bother. However, maybe this is a perfect Group Buy!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Just went over 100k subs, fellas! I just can't believe it happened so fast. E60 M5 video brought in like 20k subs!

thumbnail_Screenshot_20200722-133559_YouTubedd.jpg

Gonna try towards the end of the year to dump my s**tty job and do what I love full-time. Going to be a big and risky step, but I'm still young and feels like a good moment to make such move.

Also, apparently I'm sorta "famous" in China now.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nice. I''m sure the e60 will provide alot more content. To commemorate you gotta get the plate F M5E60. I think you can get the plate before you get the HU done right?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just went over 100k subs, fellas! I just can't believe it happened so fast. E60 M5 video brought in like 20k subs!

View attachment 941384

Gonna try towards the end of the year to dump my s**tty job and do what I love full-time. Going to be a big and risky step, but I'm still young and feels like a good moment to make such move.

I bought 93 850i and one of your episodes is like a bible for M70 beginners LOL
Your videos are great!
How long does it take to make one episode?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Nice. I''m sure the e60 will provide alot more content. To commemorate you gotta get the plate F M5E60. I think you can get the plate before you get the HU done right?
I think so. Gotta have a letter and then a number so can't mix them, was thinking F M 560 but we'll see if it's available.

I bought 93 850i and one of your episodes is like a bible for M70 beginners LOL
Your videos are great!
How long does it take to make one episode?
Thanks!

More than I care to admit, part 2 of project Malaga took about 3 months to do. Project Dubai episodes about a month and a half give or take.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Quality work takes time, you should be a lot more productive with the added focus allowed by terminating your job.

I think so. Gotta have a letter and then a number so can't mix them, was thinking F M 560 but we'll see if it's available.
Thanks!

More than I care to admit, part 2 of project Malaga took about 3 months to do. Project Dubai episodes about a month and a half give or take.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Your video work is great and your voice and attitude complement your video work. I would say keep doing what you are doing for now. If you turn it into a job it may take the fun out of it. All sorts of random people from all over the world and be pretty brutal. You have great support here and on the E38 forum just ride that for awhile.

·
Registered
91 Posts

View attachment 941384

Congrats on 100k ive been watching your vids for awhile. I like your quality and commentary on them. Watching your vids got me interested in a e38 7 series now as well especially your Dubai build. Good luck on your future as well.

Reactions: sreten
101 - 112 of 112 Posts