BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great thread and videos. BMW 3 pedal driver since my orange 1976 2002, 1986 325, a few 540s, a 2000 E39 which saved my life, and this work of art. 2008 10 cylinders 3 pedals. NO wire by throttle. NO wire by brakes. NO annoying turbo lag. Bought new, stock, 120,000 personally driven miles. Original clutch.
No accidents or problems. IF I thought of selling should I look at the German market? 1250 examples in the US. Don’t understand why no trade in value

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
And you have to do TÜV 21 for which the car needs to be 100% mechanically sound and converted to Euro-spec, lights mainly. At the end of the day, don't think it's worth the trouble unless you have a committed buyer in Europe that's willing to work with that.

@xjan99 I think I saw yours popping up for sale not long ago on mobile.de, it's odd that someone would rip out the important bits from it and not just use it as it was. Hopefully you put it back together quickly. What will you do for the gearbox?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I found it on Mobile.de, was in Netherlands. It came from US without engine-gearbox. Luckily the drive shaft is still there + my car has Dinan exhaust :). Although there is a 6MT M5 clutch-flywheel-gearbox kit for sale in Poland (on ebay) they want silly money... My plan is to use E9X manual gearbox, which is already coming my way, I will go for a single mass flywheel also. I also plan to hook up the E9X gearbox oil cooler pump + add an extra oil radiator up front then too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Subscribed to the E39 thread but subscribing here too, looking forward to see what excitement this one holds - and hopefully seeing the neglected M5 come back to life!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts