BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just posting to get back into the forum. I had an 07 M5 for the last year and sold it for an Evo. I have not been a fan of the people and crap that came along with having that car so I'm coming back to BMWs. I dont need some 16 year old kid mouthing off to me and acting like hes a badass street racer. I like the Euro/BMW world where the people have always been amazing and the cars are second to none. I am looking to get into an E39 M5 soon and couldn't be happier. Now just need to decide what color I want!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome back. There really is something magic about these cars.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
welcome back. BTW. Anthracite is the Fastest Colour (Carbon Black is only the fastest at getting dirty) :hihi:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Excellent decision...as was said previously :goldcup:

Did you not like the car as well...or just the juvenile crowds/attitudes they tend to attract?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Evo is a great car performance wise, but lacks anything else. Its just an overall cheap car and you can tell. The real reason I am moving on is the people/companies associated with that type of car. Its like high school all over again. Its childish. I like to be involved in the car community, not babysitting 16 year olds with their "ricer" cars.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
you know, I tried that path too and came back.

Here was my progression:

E36 M3 sedan - drove 3 years, loved it but space was not so great in back seat
'00 E39 M5 - purchased under CPO - drove for a year
'04 Z06 end of year close out just before the C6 came out - drove for a year
'05 CTSV - drove 1.5 years, half of a 3 year lease - flipped it to a buddy who drove it a year and ended up lemon lawing the car! Oh well.
'06 Evo IX - drove it 9 months, loved the crisp handling and feel, hated the interior and the FWD-ish handling, especially with the turbo boost hitting at 3500rpm
'05 Audi S4 Avant - drove it 2.5 years, had the AWD of the Evo, motor like an E39 M5, nimbleness of an E36 M3, - great car overall
'07 Corvette - two years with an E38 740i as the sedan back-up
'03 M5 - figured I would combine the E38 and C6 into a single car! - so far 2.5 years and 30K miles in this car and no thoughts to move along!!

Meanwhile, recently picked up another C6 as my second car, not trying to make that the daily this time. Works better as a weekend car for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts