BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So... my wife was looking for a car to replace her daily and i suggest to buy this and the next thing you know here it is ..

added a new car to the stable w211 E55 AMG 2003 with 62.xxx KM (38525 miles)

No i did NOT SELL MY M5 (screw that)

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Now she has a faster car than you. Now what? I hope you have an SC kit coming your way.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Nice! One of these is probably going to replace my M5 in a year or two.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
My son Eric picked up an older, non-supercharged version for his daily driver. But he's keeping his 2003 M5 S3. In the process of installing a Darton sleeved motor with 10.5 : 1 forged Pistons, VAC Stage 3 heads, etc. Will make its debut at Timmayfest 2015.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a great car, to say this can replace the e39 is a bit of a stretch to me because in no way does it handle as good as the m5. It feels heavy but the power would make up for it. I think this car is more expensive to maintain as well because of th problematic airmatic and sbc braking system. Other than that it does look a bit more classy, the e39m5 looks better interior wise but the seats for the e55 is way more advance as you can adjust how much the seats hug you wish is huge to me.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
It's not the dark side, more of a ladies car than an M5. She'll love it
Wow, really? rofl1.gif This is the second thread today that calls the MB a "chic car". I drive an M5. :valkyrie:

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Is that the parking brake (left most pedal)?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it is! The previous owner had the rubber peddles replaced , should do this on my m5 too.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
OP - Is your wide a fan of performance, speed, handling, or badges? I know my wife would love a benz, but she would not know the difference between an AMG and a standard E-Class, so I would get the cheapest one if we were looking to get one. Just asking to see what your wife looks for in a car.

This one seems to be a very clean example of the AMG.

Reactions: Blockdoc

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
OP - Is your wide a fan of performance, speed, handling, or badges? I know my wife would love a benz, but she would not know the difference between an AMG and a standard E-Class, so I would get the cheapest one if we were looking to get one. Just asking to see what your wife looks for in a car.

This one seems to be a very clean example of the AMG.
mine wouldn't drive one if it were the only running car in our garage. Well maybe, but under protest for sure.

She can't stand MBZ as a general rule. I personally like them for highway cruisers, but I've never stepped across that line myself.

More of a Japanese car fan and prefers Mazda's, but she can deal with a BMW now and again - someday I'd like to get her into a 3 series. She definitely likes small cars better than the big mid sized sedans like an E class.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
mine wouldn't drive one if it were the only running car in our garage. Well maybe, but under protest for sure.

She can't stand MBZ as a general rule. I personally like them for highway cruisers, but I've never stepped across that line myself.

More of a Japanese car fan and prefers Mazda's, but she can deal with a BMW now and again - someday I'd like to get her into a 3 series. She definitely likes small cars better than the big mid sized sedans like an E class.
Is she Asian? :3:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Is she Asian? :3:
not at all. Actually where we live there are tons of Asian women that drive Mercedes - it seems to be the go-to car for them - status most likely the reason.
And they are not all great drivers, not to perpetuate a stereo type, just reporting the news from what I've personally observed!
Anyway - that doesn't help her attitude towards MBZ one bit...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I drive a lot for work. I love the E-Class MBZ for that. It wallows a bit with a soft suspension but it is quite as a tomb and super comfortable. And when I need to make a pass, just drop that right peddle to the floor. Plus, you can pick them up cheap, cheap, cheap with low miles. Makes a great rep car. Beyond that, even I associate MBZ with old people and women.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I drive a lot for work. I love the E-Class MBZ for that. It wallows a bit with a soft suspension but it is quite as a tomb and super comfortable. And when I need to make a pass, just drop that right peddle to the floor. Plus, you can pick them up cheap, cheap, cheap with low miles. Makes a great rep car. Beyond that, even I associate MBZ with old people and women.
ya - I'm in outside sales too, but I don't drive around all that much - several times a week, not every day. I use the M5.

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I just noticed you are in San Jose. The bay area is where I do most of my travelling to. My office is in Cameron Park. I make that drive at least twice a week. Rankin Component Sales : Electronics Manufacturers Representation for Northern California and Nevada

The M5 for me is strictly for fun!
Hey, my M5 is strictly for fun too - I enjoy it nearly every day!!

But my office is near SJC which is the middle of silicon valley, and my commute is about 10 miles. So the miles don't pile on quite so much!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
you know - these are getting downright cheap! I know they can cost plenty to maintain and repair...

But jeez - there is a 76K mile 04 in the Bay Area right now asking price is $17K. KBB says it's worth closer to $16K. That's becoming a pretty interesting price point, don't ya think?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts