BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although my son has had am M3 for a couple of years and a 330 before (that he converted to a Dinan 3), I just joined the ranks of the M-club two Fridays ago. My son and I flew to Ft. Lauderdale to pick up a 2008 M5 in Indy Red. Of course we drove it back to Philly:)

Car is in great shape. No mods and will likely stay that way except for a short throw shifter. No pics as it has been snowing a lot here in Philly and the car is a mess. Been looking for blue or red for a while. This one just popped up a few weeks ago.

Love the car ........... especially the nav system showing all the speed traps on the trip back to Philly. VERY accurate. Tested it with a second road trip with my son to Detroit for the Auto Show. Again, very accurate.

Dennis

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Nice good luck...let us know how you like that stick in the M5.........watch the speeding tickets !!!!!!!!!...........lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome! I'm a new guy myself, getting my 08 last month after owning a couple M3's. Loving it so far!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice good luck...let us know how you like that stick in the M5.........watch the speeding tickets !!!!!!!!!...........lol
I'm old school so all of my current and past cars have been sticks. I like to keep my right hand busy. WAIT .... wait, that didn't come out right. Rather, I like to do the shifting the old fashion way. The trans I like, the throws I don't. My son likes spending my money and has already suggested the UUC shifter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm jealous man! Congrats! Should have mine by july! I saw an Indy Red w/black wheels 6-speed for sale online a little while back..was that the one?

What are your first impressions?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm jealous man! Congrats! Should have mine by july! I saw an Indy Red w/black wheels 6-speed for sale online a little while back..was that the one?

What are your first impressions?
No, this one is completely stock. I think a little old lady from Ft. Lauderdale owned this one. Only drove it on Sundays to NASCAR events :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congrats, You will thoroughly enjoy the driving experience. This weather in the northeast has been a bummer! Don't worry about the right hand, shifting will only improve your grip!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congratulations

Welcome and congrats on the new M.

I have an '08 with a stick as well, although mine is black on black. I really like it, plus the fact that the car holds itself with it's brakes for a couple of seconds after you let go of the brake pedal helps on hills. :)

Once you get used to the throws I think you will like it. Most of my cars have been stick as well.

If you are not too familiar with "M", check out this link. It will make you appreciate it more:
YouTube - BMW M Documentary - Philosophy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome and congrats on the new M.

I have an '08 with a stick as well, although mine is black on black. I really like it, plus the fact that the car holds itself with it's brakes for a couple of seconds after you let go of the brake pedal helps on hills. :)

Once you get used to the throws I think you will like it. Most of my cars have been stick as well.

If you are not too familiar with "M", check out this link. It will make you appreciate it more:
YouTube - BMW M Documentary - Philosophy
Thanks a bunch. Already sent the link to my son who has autocrossed and tracked his M3. A friend of his is Dave Donahue, son of Mark Donahue, who is also part of the factory Porsche team. He had Ryan's M3 out for a long drive (had not driven a newer one) and was absolutely amazed with the handling ........... 'more sports car than sedan' (or coupe in this case). Quite a compliment.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome to the M experience. you are going to absolutely love this car. Send us pics when possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts