Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lwebb12 said:
Try it out and tell me how it is integrated, I would love to install it then upgrade the rest of my speakers.
I will be but it might not be for a few months. It's $400...and I'm guessing I'll need two. One for the front/rear and one for the sub.

·
Registered
369 Posts
boostmiser said:
I will be but it might not be for a few months. It's $400...and I'm guessing I'll need two. One for the front/rear and one for the sub.
Wow $400, I was thinking more of the $250 range.

I am still interested, it seems it should be like a crossover and would take care of front, rear, and sub at the same time.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I also was told about this product but they said it is not available at the moment.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I was told that only the big dollar stores are getting the first units. Two different audio dealers told me the same thing.

You can call Unique autos in New Jersey and I'm sure they can get you one for about $5000 after they mark it up.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
madyspop said:
I was told that only the big dollar stores are getting the first units. Two different audio dealers told me the same thing.

You can call Unique autos in New Jersey and I'm sure they can get you one for about $5000 after they mark it up.

LOL........................
It amazes me that all these GETTO guys are making a killing $$$ from the BLING craze. I wouldn't trust them with my baby, no way!

·
Registered
369 Posts
FAST 5 said:
LOL........................
It amazes me that all these GETTO guys are making a killing $$$ from the BLING craze. I wouldn't trust them with my baby, no way!
I would definately like to get one after they have been out for a little bit.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tweeter apparently has them...accoding to the installer I talked to today. $400 plus $100 to install.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The challenge with the Cleansweep unit is that one can only use ONE unit per car as the calibration can't be done with multiple modules :( ...
For most highend systems (such as DSP based aftermarket ones) Clean Sweep in its current incarnation won't work.
I looked into this as I wanted to get rid of my array of LOCs but until JL comes up with a solution which works with multiple Cleansweep modules I am stuck with my current solution :sad3: oh well ....

- Jan

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
jmh said:
The challenge with the Cleansweep unit is that one can only use ONE unit per car as the calibration can't be done with multiple modules :( ...
For most highend systems (such as DSP based aftermarket ones) Clean Sweep in its current incarnation won't work.
I looked into this as I wanted to get rid of my array of LOCs but until JL comes up with a solution which works with multiple Cleansweep modules I am stuck with my current solution :sad3: oh well ....

- Jan
Hey...I was reading your web site today.
Worst case, you could use a clean sweep for the front and rear and a seperate line out for the subs, no?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
jmh said:

- Jan
Hi Jan,
A few question please......
Why would one want more than one unit for their car, especially if our car's stereo system is the DSP sound system? Isn't one sufficient ???
Will this product work with the BMW DSP stereo system? Or are you saying it will not work.
Thanks for your information. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fast 5: Tweeter store locator

The clean sweep has two pair of rca out's. One for the front. One for the rear. That leaves no sub channel out. That's why I was originally looking at the AudioControl LC6 which has 6 outputs (2 front, 2 rear, 2 sub). I was thinking two clean sweeps would work but that doens't seem like the case.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
boostmiser said:
Fast 5: Tweeter store locator

The clean sweep has two pair of rca out's. One for the front. One for the rear. That leaves no sub channel out. That's why I was originally looking at the AudioControl LC6 which has 6 outputs (2 front, 2 rear, 2 sub). I was thinking two clean sweeps would work but that doens't seem like the case.
Boost,
I have an important question that I hope you'll be able to answer. My car is an 2003 model. i did not get the ///M Audio system. I went to my local car stereo shop and had them replace all the stock speakers with M B Quart speakers. I had the audio guy remove the NOKIA sub woofer enclosure. In place of the Nokia woofers he installed/wired up an Alpine amp dedicated to (2) 8 inch JL Audio "Free-Air" sub woofers, mounted in place of the Nokia system. The entire system works great. My only dissatisfaction is the fact that the highs from the M B Quart tweeters are not as high as I hoped for, probably due to the fact that the M B Quart crossovers were not used, since the speakers were utilized as direct plug & play. So based on what I've described, will this new product from J L Audio work for me? The reason why I'd like to have this new product is to enhance the highs on my tweeters and just get a better EQ sound through the tweeter speakers. Can this be done based on my set up ???
Thanks a lot for your reply!
Robert :viking:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
FAST 5 said:
Boost,
I have an important question that I hope you'll be able to answer. My car is an 2003 model. i did not get the ///M Audio system. I went to my local car stereo shop and had them replace all the stock speakers with M B Quart speakers. I had the audio guy remove the NOKIA sub woofer enclosure. In place of the Nokia woofers he installed/wired up an Alpine amp dedicated to (2) 8 inch JL Audio "Free-Air" sub woofers, mounted in place of the Nokia system. The entire system works great. My only dissatisfaction is the fact that the highs rom the M B Quart tweeters are not as high as I expected, probably due to the fact that the M B Quart crossovers were not used, since the speakers were utilized as direct plug & play. So based on what I've described, will this new product from J L Audio work for me? The reason why I'd like to have this new product is to enhance the highs on my tweeters and just get a better EQ sound through the speakers. can this be done based on my set up ???
Thanks a lot for your reply!
Robert :viking:
As I understand this product, yes, it will help. The Clean Sweep puts out a clean full range signal through the rca outputs. That will enable your MB Quart crossovers to take over and work their magic. If your amp has crossovers, they will do the initial filtering.

I'd like someone else to chime in and verify though.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
boostmiser,

I'm not surprised to see this thread after I learned of your plans to upgrade your stereo, and replace DSP. Do a search for the upgrade the beetlem5 did to his car, and contact the shop that did his install (A California based company). I would be willing to bet they could give you the insight needed for you, or the shop you will use to defeat DSP. Forget the JL stuff, it's not necessary.

Travis

1 - 20 of 66 Posts