BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Thanks to this thread OP is literally the most prolific contributor to E39 M5Board so far this month. We're just feeding the troll now.

to you, sir...I say goodbye
Take $1200 out of your wallet and light it on fire.

Let me know when you have nothing for something.

Interesting that all most all of your post you have ever made at the M5B are on this thread.

Thanks for your contributions!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Post a pic of what you used. I am gonna buy the same product and try it on my wheels.
What’s the word Silent?

Have you checked your wheels?

What about this cap another customer sent me this photo of with the same problem that exists with my wheels?

F98FDE8C-94E7-47FC-98CF-4953B46FDD4D.png

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
What’s the word Silent?

Have you checked your wheels?

What about this cap another customer sent me this photo of with the same problem that exists with my wheels?

View attachment 934456
If I run it long enough to yes. It’s non-sealed finish. I do t have to use any compound to sand of the powder coat. All I have to do is do what were doing.

I have a sealed piece of powder coated material at home which I am gonna use the Nu Finish on. Even on sealed finish I think there will be color transfer because after about 15-20 seconds I’ll burn the sealer and now be rubbing against the color coat.

This is all still fixable since you only ruined one wheel. Get it redone locally, then have them all sealed, and you’ll have a shiny look, but you can’t come back and say it’s too shiny and want someone here to pay for your mistake.

If you feel people here will take your side after seeing what you have done and feel compassionate, start a go fund me page.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Are you saying your wheels that were done by Jed do the same thing?

It’s not a matter of shiny or not,it’s a matter of this not being powdercoating.

This is powdercoating. Bulletproof from any waxes or compound and just about anything else. It took over 100 hours of riding for my boots with mud and sand to rub thru the Powdercoat to the bare aluminum frame.
F154F662-83C0-4AFB-841B-85E966448E33.png
C7B228FC-08A4-4A92-8CD3-B9CFAF5FA32D.png

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
That is not what I am saying. I didn’t attempt to do what you did.

I think you are missing the point and the point is Sealed product vs Non Sealed.

You should of gone with painted surface with gloss clear and called it a day. But even then, if you did what you did to the powder coated surface results would have been similar and you’d burn the clear coat. Just like the sea salt and the sun burn patches on car surfaces.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
Fresh Powder Coat + Clear, Shall I rub in one 2 inch spot for 3 minutes with Nu-Finish, or maybe some Hidden Valley Ranch, just to see what happens? Hell no!

Did Jed do them?

Not sure where the 2” measurement came from.

Yes you should try regular wax like the Mcguires I used. Your style 65 look like Powdercoating. Do a spot on the inside barrel.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Can you make a new video of one with the ranch just for the lulz of this thread? Cmon m5board deserves it.

Actually curious to see what happens...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure.

Try some on your wheels and we can compare notes.

7B00245B-2783-4107-B048-BBA124970E04.png

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
He would have to strip off his clearcoat and go down to bare finish to be apples to apples.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
You clearly do not deserve to own an M5 and Dinan wheels!!! Do us a favor and just sell them to me problem solved

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
i jumped in here out of pure amazement that this thread is still going.

funny thing is...ive gotta get my set of wheels refinished and some fresh tires soon so its right on time for me. but im going with the folks at the shop that did my gloss black BBS wheels so well

101 - 112 of 112 Posts