BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
An inappropriate comment is an inappropriate comment. And they’ve been made by both the customer and vendor. But the vendor needs to take the high road. Despite all threats there are still better ways to respond. I won’t make excuses for him. I am only speaking in regards to the language used in the response. Whether justifiable or not, it remains off putting and unprofessional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
There are plenty of bad vendors. Don’t ask this board to talk. No one would burn their bridges, but Jed is not one of them.

Communication and reinventing the wheels is the problem.

OP didn’t really understand what he was getting otherwise he won’t be polishing and unsealed finish.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yo

Lemme bookmark this ridiculous thread so I can show all my friends tomorrow the unreal video of you rubbing nu finish on the edge of one motherfkkking spoke for almost 3 minutes while I can audibly hear the finish bring rubbed away, then only to actually ***** and moan about some of the fresh finish coming off???

This might be the LOL thread if the year and we are just in the beginning of january!!

I’ve refinished wheels myself which included sanding, wheel batter putty and more sanding, prime paint and clear, had OE 65’s recently powder coated and refinished and have had many sets of brand new OE wheels and I would never, ever in a billion years rub that much in one spot with anything, even my bare hand with caked on brake dust!!

I would never rub that much in the same spot polishing any spot on the exterior of my car!

The only place that needs that much consistent rubbing is ..., well.... er

Wtf do you think is going to happen???? I was almost expecting to see the wheel bust a nut in the end there was so much rubbing action.

Hey, I have a great Easter egg for you OP in case you never heard of it before. A
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser can remove dirt and grime from all the leather surfaces on your interior so easily! Have at it! You will be amazed!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
Yo

Lemme bookmark this ridiculous thread so I can show all my friends tomorrow the unreal video of you rubbing nu finish on the edge of one motherfkkking spoke for almost 3 minutes while I can audibly hear the finish bring rubbed away, then only to actually * and moan about some of the fresh finish coming off???

This might be the LOL thread if the year and we are just in the beginning of january!!

I’ve refinished wheels myself which included sanding, wheel batter putty and more sanding, prime paint and clear, had OE 65’s recently powder coated and refinished and have had many sets of brand new OE wheels and I would never, ever in a billion years rub that much in one spot with anything, even my bare hand with caked on brake dust!!

I would never rub that much in the same spot polishing any spot on the exterior of my car!

The only place that needs that much consistent rubbing is ..., well.... er

Wtf do you think is going to happen???? I was almost expecting to see the wheel bust a nut in the end there was so much rubbing action.

Hey, I have a great Easter egg for you OP in case you never heard of it before. A
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser can remove dirt and grime from all the leather surfaces on your interior so easily! Have at it! You will be amazed!

Thanks for your input!

Tell your friends.

How many parts have you had Powdercoated.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
LOL.

Goes without saying, any abrasive material will remove paint coat.

Never seen anyone rub same spot on something made from non-organic material for so long, to be honest.

I've seen this kind of rubbing off on single stage laquer paint, usually seen on older cars.. the paint will rub off on the rotating foam pad when polishing, though the detailers I know are extremely careful with polishing single stage paint, because of the delicacy. Often on older cars with single stage laquer paint, when polishing one can see where the paint is original and where it has been repainted and got clear coat, where clear coat does not show on the pad. I can only imagine what 1 min 30 sec on same spot rubbing would wreak on single stage paint.

·
Registered
79 Posts
....why is this thread still here? Seriously both sides could've handled this way more mature instead of fighting each other all over the place online. Both need to take the loss and move on.

MODS DELETE THIS NOW!!

Sent from Uranus with Love.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
....why is this thread still here? Seriously both sides could've handled this way more mature instead of fighting each other all over the place online. Both need to take the loss and move on.

MODS DELETE THIS NOW!!

Sent from Uranus with Love.
The real question is why you keep coming back for more ?

Are you one of Jeds cronies?

No question Jed could have handled this differently.

Merica!

Making M5B great again!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Can you answer the question below?
I am not interested in how many parts you have had powdercoated btw, just the question below.

4) What exactly are you trying to achieve using a product like NuFinish and rubbing it on the surface by hand for a couple of minutes?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
He perpetuates this thread because he knows hes not taking any real action in court and just wants to continue to blast away online.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
He perpetuates this thread because he knows hes not taking any real action in court and just wants to continue to blast away online.
Don’t speak for me.

I don’t know you and have not discussed my situation with you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Can you answer the question below?
I am not interested in how many parts you have had powdercoated btw, just the question below.
Demonstrating how easy this supposed “Powdercoat” comes off.

·
Registered
798 Posts
This thread is seriously tempting me to go get a piece of metal powder coated, then concentrate all my rubbing forces in one tiny 2 inch area with Nu Finish for a lifetime, just to like, I dunno, see what happens?

I bet I can get some color transfer into my rag, easy. (Have powder coated style 65's and NO i am not rubbing them in one 2 inch spot back and forth and back and forth and back and forth so enough friction occurs where my rag starts to actually get hot).

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
This thread is seriously tempting me to go get a piece of metal powder coated, then concentrate all my rubbing forces in one tiny 2 inch area with Nu Finish for a lifetime, just to like, I dunno, see what happens?

I bet I can get some color transfer into my rag, easy. (Have powder coated style 65's and NO i am not rubbing them in one 2 inch spot back and forth and back and forth and back and forth so enough friction occurs where my rag starts to actually get hot).
Do it!

I wasn’t pressing very hard in the video(it’s a far cry from “all of my force”).

Why won’t you rub on your pc style 65’s?

Did Jed powdercoat them?

I’ll do another vid with our Powdercoated style 65’s.

I have polished and wax them several times and no material was removed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
All opinions are welcome but personal attacks will get you banned.

If you don't like this thread then move along.
Who gives a ****, that’s my personal opinion.

I’ve personally bought Jed’s headers and many of his products and have had many dealings with him in special modifications for my car. In fact, the passenger header had a mold on one of the runners that was causing clearance issues and Jed shipped a brand new passenger header with no hesitation; keep in mind that this was a +$5k transaction. What a lot of people have attested in the pleasure in dealing with Jed know his intentions and character and also know that he is the easiest person to deal with - there is more to meet the eye on why Jed repulse to respond the way he did. Look at this mans response, that explains itself. Personally if that was me, I would of sent this man up a creek with out a paddle a lot sooner than Jed did but Jed is much more nicer than I am. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Who gives a ****, that’s my personal opinion.

I’ve personally bought Jed’s headers and many of his products and have had many dealings with him in special modifications for my car. In fact, the passenger header had a mold on one of the runners that was causing clearance issues and Jed shipped a brand new passenger header with no hesitation; keep in mind that this was a +$5k transaction. What a lot of people have attested in the pleasure in dealing with Jed know his intentions and character and also know that he is the easiest person to deal with - there is more to meet the eye on why Jed repulse to respond the way he did. Look at this mans response, that explains itself. Personally if that was me, I would of sent this man up a creek with out a paddle a lot sooner than Jed did but Jed is much more nicer than I am. Just my .02 cents
Thanks for the comments!

$5500 for a set of headers has loads more profit than an $800 wheel refurb that Jed couldn’t do what he said he could do(think this is at the center of Jeds anger,he could not do what he promised he could).

He has a profitable reason to kiss up to you Rick!

I also purchased a titanium lug bolt set at the time of the supposed powdercoating .I returned them and was credited the $500 purchase price with no problem from Jed.

Jeds crazy reactions and Shadys chiming in on something that was and Is still is non of his business and banning me from the FB group is very unreasonable from a person in business(I’m pretty sure Shady’s banning me fro the FB group did not bolster Jeds outstanding businessman status).

Jeds responce:

81 - 100 of 111 Posts