BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Hope 2020 finds you all well!

I had one of my sets of Dinan wheels refinished by Jed Peneda at Einhorn Industries near Los Angeles California( August of '18 he appeared to be the goto guy for the refurb on my wheel project).

I've seen what appears to be some brilliant work from Jed(all in photographs,none in person). His work appeared to be solid and communication started off great.

He first he said he could do the oem chrome shadow spokes and a polished lip(sounded like he had done it before and had it down).

He then said (after he had made several attempts that "it couldn't be done").

I was not informed at any time that my wheels were going to be the ginnea pig for Jed to do chrome shadow with polished lips on Dinan/Champion wheels.

I agreed to have them silver powdercoated spokes and polished lips after he attempted to lay the blame on me for his process not working.

After I got the wheels back I found that quite a few off the shelf waxes and polishes remove the supposed powdercoating on the wheels.

I have always detailed the powdercoating jobs I have had done in the past which is in the thousands spent on calipers,style 65 wheels,motorcycle frames,hubs,sway bars,springs,engine cases,triple clamps,jetski parts etc).

Not one other part that I have had powdercoated looks like Jeds "powdercoating" and none of it has ever come off with wax or polish and as a matter of reference it took over 100 hours of riding my dirtbike for my boots with mud and sand to wear thru the powdercoating to the bare aluminum frame.

I have loads of experience with powdercoating and Jeds work appears to be rattle can paint compared to all of the other PC i've had done.

Jed offered to redo them with more of the same which I thought was pointless because of how easy the finish comes off with just wax.

Jed has been very unreasonable with making this right for me(He spewed a load of filth at me on Messenger which I'll post later).

He will not provide a receipt,invoice or work order of any kind for the work done.

Jed has "ghosted" me and Shady Hassan now speaks for him( mostly name calling and he had a meltdown and banned me from the FB group).

Shadys name calling and childlike behavior on FB is a little strange since it not any of his business(unless he wants to send me the $1200 I have in the project).

Why can't Jed speak for himself?

Why can't Jed work with me to resolve this problem with work he farmed out to someone else?

There are others with the same problem with the powdercoating done by "Jed" they will speak for themselves.

Your opinions are wanted on this situation and how we should resolve it!

Thanks for any and all input!

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not Jed, and not affiliated with this issue, but I am a member of the facebook group that you're referring to. If Jed decides to speak in on this thread that's fine, but until then I figured I'd post his response so everyone knows both sides of the story. You didn't polish them with wax, you used Nu Finish which is an abrasive RUBBING COMPOUND, not to mention you used ranch dressing on your Dinan wheels for god knows why. Sounds like there really is a loose nut behind the wheel.

Jed did speak for himself, and as others have already said it sounds like you're just trying to **** on him and his business without actually resolving anything.

·
Registered
254 Posts
This should be interesting. OP I hope you've got an airtight case here, which it doesn't sound like you do from my initial read. Jed has done work for hundreds of members here with no complaints that I can remember to include custom headers that sell for more than your set of wheels. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly and fairly.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not Jed, and not affiliated with this issue, but I am a member of the facebook group that you're referring to. If Jed decides to speak in on this thread that's fine, but until then I figured I'd post his response so everyone knows both sides of the story. You didn't polish them with wax, you used Nu Finish which is an abrasive RUBBING COMPOUND, not to mention you used ranch dressing on your Dinan wheels for god knows why. Sounds like there really is a loose nut behind the wheel.

Jed did speak for himself, and as others have already said it sounds like you're just trying to **** on him and his business without actually resolving anything.

View attachment 934164
View attachment 934165
Thanks for chiming in!

I want everyone to know both sides especially the truth which Shady and Jed are trying to distort.

Sorry to point this out but you have already misspoken.

I did not use the ranch dressing on the wheel but plan to do so at some point(will prob demo in court for the Judge).

Have you ever had any parts powder coated?

Are you the SME?

If so ...great .....happy to have your input.

Do yourself a favor and don't lower your standards to Jed and Shadys level by trying to call me names,I'm pretty sure you are better that that.

Stick to the facts.

I've had all kinds of parts powder coated and none of it has ever looked or acted like what Jed provided as a finished product.

Not being willing to share with me who really did the work and also not willing to give me a receipt for the work done is troubling as well.

I have had well over 3k in parts pc'ed for my cars,dirt bikes,jetski's etc and have always been given receipts for work done.

OK lets just say you're right and I'm wrong......

What about the Mothers Brazillian Carnauba cleaner wax....why did it remove the supposed powder coating? I used this on my m5 and drove 850 miles the next day to Colorado and it seemed to be completely gone from my car when I got there after a couple of rain showers along the way. My opinion of this product isn't good and I won't use it again because of its longevity.

And now tell me about the Wheel Wax....why did it remove the supposed powder coating?

Nu-Finish is a wax/sealant and does have a mild abrasive like all cleaner/waxes but has zero effect on any of my other pc'ed parts other than shiny and slick surfaces. I have used it on lots of other cars with great results.

Meguires 205(a polishing compound did the same but doesnt harm any other of my pc'ed parts).

Look at Jeds "For the record" statement.

There was never any mention of "I've never done this finish" or "your set will be the first done like this".

Here's some communication thru messenger between us.

Me -"Yo...hope all is well! What would it take to get a set of Dinans done up in shadow chrome with a polished lip?"

Jed -'All is good here!'

Jed -"If you want shadow chrome on the center and polished lips, this means the rest of the wheel will be black, are you ok with that?"

Me -""...so the inner barrel (backsides) and saddle(inside where the air is in the tire)would be black powdercoat. The outer lip would be polished with front and sides of the spokes along with the center cap would be shadow chrome.

Jed -"That is correct"

Me -"...they also true them?"

Jed- "Yes, and if there is curb rash, we remove that."

Me -"They are in pretty good shape but I’m not a fan of tires going on and coming off that why I want to start with the best finish possible."

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This should be interesting. OP I hope you've got an airtight case here, which it doesn't sound like you do from my initial read. Jed has done work for hundreds of members here with no complaints that I can remember to include custom headers that sell for more than your set of wheels. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly and fairly.
Thanks!

Your statement doesn't equate to me being wrong but maybe that others aren't willing to come forth or willing to be called names when there is a problem.

Its a pretty big assumption on your part that there haven't been any problems,only Jed knows which I'm sure he will say his record is perfect.

Why he does what he does only he knows.

Lawyers,airfare,hotels,shipping,meals,transportation and my salary for a day or two is going to be way more expensive than giving me the $1200 back.

Jed didn't do the work.

Jed farmed it out.

Jed doesn't know what or how the wheels were done.

This work wasn't done by Einhorn Industries or I would have a receipt proving this.

An LLC is set up to protect the owners,this was not done.

My local police dept has been notified about this issue just in case things get wonky on the west coast and something gets attempted against me or my family.

Jed.....sack up and chime in on this!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Sigh....Aubray Wrong, are you trying to get embarrassed here too? Your story is full of holes, you can't spell anyone's name correctly, and now you think lawsuits are all expenses paid vacations LOL.

Below is Aubrey's entire FB sh!tstorm that got him flamed 3 times and subsequently banned. These are complete screenshots of 300+ comments. Nothing has been edited, deleted nor altered; all comments and sub-comments have been expanded (even Oto's boring off-topic paint discussions). These are 100% cut and paste captures of the entire story and the stupidity displayed by Aubrai.

Original thread on Nov. 23, 2019 - Part 1
Original thread on Nov. 23, 2019 - Part 2

Second thread on Jan. 4, 2020

Third thread on Jan. 4 2020
WARNING: These threads are full of memes and explicit language (NSFW). If you are the typical frail M5board user, close this thread now and move on.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sigh....Aubray Wrong, are you trying to get embarrassed here too? Your story is full of holes, you can't spell anyone's name correctly, and now you think lawsuits are all expenses paid vacations LOL.

Below is Aubrey's entire FB sh!tstorm that got him flamed 3 times and subsequently banned. These are complete screenshots of 300+ comments. Nothing has been edited, deleted nor altered; all comments and sub-comments have been expanded (even Oto's boring off-topic paint discussions). These are 100% cut and paste captures of the entire story and the stupidity displayed by Aubrai.

Original thread on Nov. 23, 2019 - Part 1
Original thread on Nov. 23, 2019 - Part 2

Second thread on Jan. 4, 2020

Third thead on Jan. 4 2020
WARNING: These threads are full of memes and explicit language (NSFW). If you are the typical frail M5board user, close this thread now and move on.
Thank you for the comments.

There are inaccuracies in most of his statements about my post on the FB page.

"If you are the typical frail M5board user" ....Why would you dis the members over here,you aren't in charge like the FB page.

Guys....sHaDy needs to go back to Egypt after the disrespect he is now spewing on ya'll.

I can't spell......WTF is this from you .....Third thead on Jan. 4 2020

Who's name did i misspell,did i get points off my homework?

Your bullying doesn't work on me.

I have not read those FB post that sHaDy supplied above can not confirm that those FB post are accurate and unaltered but thanks for them(we will bring yours to court and let the judge know you supplied them and point out any edits we find to the judge).

Name calling and disrespect towards me on a subject that is none of your business(unless it was your ez-bake kiddie oven that did the deed on these wheels then your'e all in and that whats up with the name calling out of you).

Is that why you are all worked up?

Why are you in our business?

I work for a giant company and we go out and look for customers that are having problems with our service and products and we are proactive with problem resolution.

Jed needs to grow a pair and step-up and address the issue.

$1200 makes this go away,otherwise ...it goes on until resolved.

One of my witness for the trial will be the sr.manager from a powder coat company that did more than 15m in business last year.

·
Registered
254 Posts
"If you are the typical frail M5board user" ....Why would you dis the members over here,you aren't in charge like the FB page.
Thank you for white knighting for us M5B users who don't have FB. I'll speak for the board here - we are all going to be just fine.

Guys....sHaDy needs to go back to Egypt after the disrespect he is now spewing on ya'll.
Yikes dude - talk about him calling you names and then you throw this bombshell into the mix? I think you just negated your whole argument about name calling there, buddy. Casual racism is a good play - that should get you far.

One of my witness for the trial will be the sr.manager from a powder coat company that did more than 15m in business last year.
This will not matter one ounce. Was he the one who powder coated them? No? Then the judge is going to ask him to sit on his own thumb. Source? I've been to court more than a few times. This isn't a murder case - this is small claims court where the judge is going to spend 3-5 mins on your case, then move on to the following cases.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have no idea of who is in the right or wrong here. Moreover I just dont care. Take your squabbles offline. Getting Lawyers involved over a set of re-chromed wheels smacks of "Get a Life". This is about enjoyment not reading about petty arguments. Go to a Cancer Ward and watch people die every day if you need to get a sense of perspective.

Moderators should shut this thread now.

·
Registered
258 Posts
So I have no dog in this race and am not familiar with any of the parties involved. But am I the only one who thinks this reflects pretty poorly on Jed and whoever else? Most of it is just you guys cursing out a guy and making fun of his age and then a mob piling on. Why is that okay?

And then cutting to the meat of the issue - how in the **** is a wheel with a finish so weak that it rubs away by hand acceptable? Yeah they're new, shouldn't need polishing, he's using a cleaner wax, whatever - wheels shouldn't be that delicate. I can probably get a more resilient finish with a rattle can.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thank you for white knighting for us M5B users who don't have FB. I'll speak for the board here - we are all going to be just fine.

Yikes dude - talk about him calling you names and then you throw this bombshell into the mix? I think you just negated your whole argument about name calling there, buddy. Casual racism is a good play - that should get you far.

This will not matter one ounce. Was he the one who powder coated them? No? Then the judge is going to ask him to sit on his own thumb. Source? I've been to court more than a few times. This isn't a murder case - this is small claims court where the judge is going to spend 3-5 mins on your case, then move on to the following cases.
Thanks for the input.

Neither you nor Shady speak for the board so rethink your position.

Work on your comprehension,I didn't call him any names.

Shady is from Egypt so telling him to go home is like telling me to go back to Texas(don't make an effort to distort things,thats same thing he's doing).

Jed did not powdercoat my wheels either so how is he going explain to the the judge how it was done?

My expert will explain to the judge in 3-5 minutes what was done to my wheels and actually whats on them.

Jeds rolling the dice.

Peneda,Peneda.........Peneda?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have no idea of who is in the right or wrong here. Moreover I just dont care. Take your squabbles offline. Getting Lawyers involved over a set of re-chromed wheels smacks of "Get a Life". This is about enjoyment not reading about petty arguments. Go to a Cancer Ward and watch people die every day if you need to get a sense of perspective.

Moderators should shut this thread now.
Thanks for your input!

This is your first post on the M5B?

You must be one of Shady's Koolaid drinkers from FB.

You have zero cred on this board.

Rethink things!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I have no dog in this race and am not familiar with any of the parties involved. But am I the only one who thinks this reflects pretty poorly on Jed and whoever else? Most of it is just you guys cursing out a guy and making fun of his age and then a mob piling on. Why is that okay?

And then cutting to the meat of the issue - how in the **** is a wheel with a finish so weak that it rubs away by hand acceptable? Yeah they're new, shouldn't need polishing, he's using a cleaner wax, whatever - wheels shouldn't be that delicate. I can probably get a more resilient finish with a rattle can.
Thanks for the input!

Exactly my point.
"how in the **** is a wheel with a finish so weak that it rubs away by hand acceptable? Yeah they're new, shouldn't need polishing, he's using a cleaner wax, whatever - wheels shouldn't be that delicate. I can probably get a more resilient finish with a rattle can."

I've had thousands of dollars worth of powdercoating done and none of it has been as weak as this is.

Jed is running from his mistake.

Make it a great week!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts