BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yes...the earthquake and tsunami hit japan really hard!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
The video footage is devastating. So many people have lost their lives and they can't generate electricity to cool the nuclear plant. Our thoughts and prayers go out to these people.

Dan,
Really glad your brother is ok. Thanks for the update.
Milton

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Pray for their safety please.

·
Registered
449 Posts
My thoughts are with the Japanese people. Very tragic news.

·
8,369 Posts
Thank you Milton. Greatly appreciated.

Amazing posts here.

This is what makes this board great.
We have some very caring, very respectful & very considerate people on this board.

We do what we can to help each other out, we share the knowledge and we care about our each others families, friends and the entire world.

And of course thanks to Gustav and all the moderators for running such a great board.

God bless the people affected by the recent tragedy.

The video footage is devastating. So many people have lost their lives and they can't generate electricity to cool the nuclear plant. Our thoughts and prayers go out to these people.

Dan,
Really glad your brother is ok. Thanks for the update.
Milton

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I live at 500ft / 150m so no worries at home. But there was some effect in harbors here and shoreline inundations on other islands (Maui and the Big Island that I have heard of). But overall we were lucky.

Japan has plenty of issues including their nuke power plants. Good thing we have worldwide news, the Internet, and the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center (located here on Oahu, Hawaii) all of which prepares people and reduce mortality.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I really hurt for the Japanese people. I prey for their quick recovery.

Reactions: whatheheck

·
8,369 Posts
My brother is stationed in Yokosuka Japan, serving aboard USS John Stennis.

Just got an eMail from him that so far, him and his family are all OK (wife and 2 kids.)

We all pray for the Japanese people and everyone in Japan. Tragic.......

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Germany going to shut down all Nuklear Powerplants. Contamination meters sold out here too. In Japan is most likely game over.
What?? Really?? For what reason. Are they afraid of a 9.0 Earthquake and a Tsunami in Germany lol....Nuclear is still safe...at least here in the US, and I would assume Europe.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What?? Really?? For what reason. Are they afraid of a 9.0 Earthquake and a Tsunami in Germany lol....Nuclear is still safe...at least here in the US, and I would assume Europe.
In Bulgaria we have one atomic power plant with 4 reactors. Second power plant is being build. The first power plant resists 7.0 Earthquake and we've had 7.5 before. I guess we are playing with our luck in the hands of mother nature and so are many other country's.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
+1 Nuclear power, overall, is the cleanest and safest source of power and the only practical way to overcome energy dependence on foreign sources for virtually any country. The tragedy in Japan is horrible, and caused by natural sources. Countless people have lost their lives in automobile accidents, but we would not think of banning cars. We learn from our mistakes and improve on our technologies.

Cooling towers are also very beautiful and graceful accents to the skyline.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
+1 on nuclear power.

Reactions: David Ajax III
1 - 18 of 18 Posts