BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to a recent article in AutoWeek on the new Jaguar. They were reporting about how solid the new Jag is. Supposedly the new convertible is just as stiff as the old coupe, and the new coupe is, well, really stiff! What's the most rigid chassis Jaguar ever tested???

The 5-series BMW.

Hahahahahahaha! :cheers:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Were they refering to the E39 M5? or the newest version?

:M5launch:

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
davem3smg said:
Although I really dislike jags, I have to say that's pretty sharp looking. It sort of looks like an aston martin...
Didn't they have the same designer?
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
As far as I know, yes, they do. I didn't really expect jaguar to put out a car that looks like an aston martin, though.

Hmm...I wonder if Ford will be getting an Aston Martin look-a-like...that would suck for aston martin owners! hiha

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
That is one insanely beautiful car!

I was this close to buying an XJR, but then I drove an M5 and completely changed my mind. But I still admire the sleek beauty of a Jaguar.

David

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
DavidS said:
That is one insanely beautiful car!

I was this close to buying an XJR, but then I drove an M5 and completely changed my mind. But I still admire the sleek beauty of a Jaguar.

David
I agree, DavidS, that this car and the XJR are beautiful. I love the look of the coupe. It's too bad it's a jag...I had a bad experience with a jag XJ8 and will never buy a jag again.

-Dave S.
PS Nice name, DavidS :byee55amg

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
DaveS,

What happened to your XJ8? I really appreciate those as well.

Best Regs,

David S

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
DavidS, It was actually my dad's XJ8, but he bought it new. It was a beautiful car, but it basically had engine problems (or I suppose it could have been computer problems). It would stall and at the worst times. It would often stall when accelerating into a turn from a standstill. Several times, it stalled while turning left at a traffic light, meaning it stalled in front of oncoming traffic.

He brought it back to the dealership repeatedly and they did nothing about it. They never did any work on it, which is rediculous considering the situations that it put our family in repeated times. He even asked many times to simply trade it for another new car, but they refused and did nothing to satisfy him, so he eventually had to use the lemon law against them.

But, all the better, I suppose, because shortly thereafter we started buying BMWs and we've had 5 BMWs since then

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
One is reminded that when Ford was doing due diligence on the Coventry works, they remarked that the most recent attempt to modernize the plant was in the introduction of electricity.

Steve

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CBM5 said:
They tested the E 60 5 Series
Hahaha - a 4-door no less... :flag:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Looks like a Taurus in front, but the side and back are fantastic. I am sure in person it is very nice, but I prefer my older XK8 body's exterior. I was shocked to see that Jag is putting aluminum in the interior, instead of the wood (optional). Sacrelidge! A Brit GT without fine wood! Ever since the Chunnel, the Brits are becoming more continental!hiha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts