BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(sorry for my poor english)

I was surfing on the net, when i saw this offical pic of the New Jaguar cab.

Are they in a weak position versus BMW to use such plate???? I always thougth that Jaguar had this "british image" that gave a prestigious image of their products. But it seems that the marketing dept of Jaguar don't has the same point of view.

However Congrats BMW, if Jaguar admits in public that you (BMW) have a more prestigious image than their (Jaguar), that's a great step forward :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
No it's just the marketing guys having a bit of fun. They're justing say why buy a 645. To be honest most people wouldn't notice but it gives those in the know a wry smile.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Jaguar is in quite a bit of trouble. Its sales are slowing drastically and even the new models are not as well recieved as they hoped. The new XK is no different. Many people think its not adventurous enough and I've even heard the words ugly and dissapointing. I think Jaguar needs a truly brilliant car to save it now.

Millie

·
Registered
518 Posts
The new Jaguar XK uses the new XJ's aluminum chassis which will spread costs. The XJ has bigger and more powerful brakes for 2006. The new XK convertible weighs over 500 pounds less than the 650Ci convertible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts