BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:applause: Just got my 92 J-Spec M5 last week, and no disappointments. 60k with full docs. HK springs, rear sunshades, dual zone automatic a/c, full leather, pwr heated memory seats etc.etc. no accidents, all original paint, even the original floor mats with no wear! Cant wait to get it registered, but sadly have to sell my 89M5 to keep her :byee55amg Later Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice!
Welcome to the Canadian J-Spec Club.:cheers:
Q: Where the hell is your snow? I have not been able to drive mine since November.:grrrrr:
What no rear wing? It can't be a J-Spec. :7:
Does your electric sunshade actually work?
Has your stereo wiring been fiddled with?
I would recommend a CD43RDS (from eBay) with an iPOD interface to replace your nonfunctional J-Spec Radio.

Have Fun!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Terry
Did you buy your car last year, real low 44,000 km, blue with white leather? everything works on the car, have a Nakamichi CD-400 to install along with Nakamichi PA-504 amp. cant wait to get it registered and on the road!

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Guys

the cars you have are truly stunning, but leave the audio stuff out please:hihi:

I am not the one to speak with non-original parts as suspension on my car, but I think you should put the OEM cd-BAVARIA in the car and nothing else.

They come up on eBay regularly, I just missed one at 130 euro's\

Wout

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Ok Brian, when the weather gets a bit better we should all meet up again! I want to see this thing. Also, welcome to the very limitted "Vancouver E34 M5 with M-sport mirrors" club! :)

And the staggered tstars.. I thought those were only on 3.8s?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Terry
Did you buy your car last year, real low 44,000 km, blue with white leather? everything works on the car, have a Nakamichi CD-400 to install along with Nakamichi PA-504 amp. cant wait to get it registered and on the road!
30,900 documented kms to be exact. That's me. I have not found anyone on any board with a lower mileage e34 M5. I know they exist but I haven't found one.
The Blau CD43 RDS integrates perfectly with interior in terms of look and lighting and the iPod integration is quite the bonus. I have to admit that on purely an audio basis your Nak set up much sweeter.
Mine has 17x9s on the back axle as well.
So you got a car from Japan without any "special" J-spec treatment. Now that is rare!:hihi:
Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Terry
I tired to buy your car, but you outbid me . My buyer in Tokyo said that was the cleanest M5 he has ever seen go through the auction, mine was the second cleanest, guess you still have the cleanest one in Canada! Like my color combo better though. If you ever get out to Vancouver you will have to get in touch with the M5 guys here. A real great group, a couple of nice bi-turbo's in town too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Awesome looking car, brsteel !!!

Lets see some more pics of engine bay and interior close ups

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
don't know if i mentioned, car still has original floor mats with no wear on them, also trunk is mint, spare never been mounted, first aid kit unopened. Checked underneath, car looks like it has seen very little rain, if any. Plan on taking it to work with me (at Mercedes Benz) as soon as possible, pressure wash the undercarriage, and use preservation wax on all the body seams to seal out any moisture and dirt

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
That car really is clean.:applause:

That said, these pics were taken in 2002:confused::nono:

·
10,458 Posts
That car really is clean.:applause:

That said, these pics were taken in 2002:confused::nono:
incredible cars, like brand new.

I noticed the date stamp too, but gave him the benifit of the doubt that the date is set wrong!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The camera date is set wrong sorry, will post some more pics after it has been certified and registered

·
Registered
584 Posts
Nice looking example. Gotta say I'm envious of the Shadowline & heated seats. But I'll fix the lack of those two things on my car someday...

Are your rear seats heated too? Trying to figure out what you've got for controls for the rear seats. Looks like you've got the rear cig lighter, and then the seat heating controls on each side of the lighter. But I can't quite tell in the back seat pic.

Hopefully I can make it up there for the next M5/Bi-Turbo gather you guys have. Would love to see these cars in person.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the car has rear heated seats, auto dimming mirror, power sun shade on for the rear window and sun shades on the rear side windows, front and rear fog lights, a few different things you dont see on the North American models

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes the car has rear heated seats, auto dimming mirror, power sun shade on for the rear window and sun shades on the rear side windows, front and rear fog lights, a few different things you dont see on the North American models
Mine too. Do you have the complete leather option including dash? I am very pleased with my colour combo as well. Great that we both got what we wanted. Extras on my car were aftermarket keyless entry + alarm and ballasted HIDs. The stereo wiring has been spliced and played with but the splices are marked...in Japanese! :rolleyes:
A spring project to set back to stock so that I can get my door tweeters operational.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No Leather dash on mine, wish it did! I have seen a couple of BMW OEM alarm/remote entry systems on ebay, are they any good? probably easy to install and wouldnt mess too much with the factory wiring. any thoughts?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Some of that stuff you could get on NA models. And the auto dimming mirror, are you talking about the passenger side mirror dipping on reverse, or are you talking about the rear view mirror dimming when hit by headlights from behind?

I have seen a couple of BMW OEM alarm/remote entry systems on ebay, are they any good? probably easy to install and wouldnt mess too much with the factory wiring. any thoughts?

A friend has that kit on her '95 525iT. Works great. And I've heard it's pretty easy to install as there's already wiring in the car for the alarm.

Not sure if that system is quite as good as the factory EWSII alarm setup that's in later E34's. I know mine's been a ***** to try and "steal" when I had a problem with the key. Contacts in the key are a little worn, and it didn't want to disarm. After 2 hours of trying to start it without disarming it I finally got the key to disarm it.

EWSII is kind of a pain in the ***. Made installing new engine software fun as well...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The car has an auto dimming rear view mirror inside the passenger compartment, a friend of mine who is very knowledgeable with E34 M5's said that is the first one he has seen, very rare option. Did the NA cars come with rear sun shades on the side window's? interesting to find out what was available on the NA model's. The models I own are 89 Euro and 92 J-Spec

1 - 20 of 23 Posts