BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new M5 this morning in Glasgow!!! :happybirt
I've already stuck almost 200 miles on it and loved every one (although the trip to the petrol station after 138 miles was less pleasant! Why do dealers never give you a full tank?!)

I'll write more about it over the weekend and also upload some photos, but right now I'm off to enjoy it... :wroom:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Congrats, tell us more and don't forget the pics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats! That's quite a drive home you have. Hope to see you at our next meet :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just arrived in London after an epic journey that included picking up a German hitch hiker on his way back from protesting against capitalism at the G8 summit! I couldn't bring myself to point out the irony of catching a lift in a £70,000 car to him... hiha

My girlfriend (who passed her test two months ago!) drove the last 180 miles and couldn't believe how amazing the car was. She now wants me to buy her one too... Doh!!! ouich

The colour combo I went for is Silverstone II with black leather and aluminium trim. Silverstone looks so much better in real life than I ever imagined, especially in today's Scottish sunshine (yes, we do get some occasionally, although I think the last time was in 1979!).

Off to bed now, but I promise to upload pictures and possibly some video tomorrow.

·
Registered
100 Posts
not just some pictures, mate...make sure u took perfecto+superb angles of the car along with great scenery/backgrounds!

and make sure make it desktop friendly so i can set 'em as my personal wallpapers.

p.s. - dont worry, mate. its gonna be for personal use. i wont use it for distributing/advertising purposes. :)

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As nice as the thought of a cute, blonde teenager is, she was just a late starter and passed her test at 27... :D

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Congrats! Post some pics!

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, I have LOADS of pics now... What's the best way to add them? Is the members' area best or should I just attach them to one of my posts?

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Attach them there... the gallery shrinks the pics and makes them too small.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts