BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I place my final colour order with the dealer on December 4th.

Here is my previous selection - Blue Onyx/Cinnamon leather/Poplar Natural wood:

And here is my new choice - Blue Onyx/Gold Brown leather/Light Ash wood:

I've had a look at literally dozens of combinations and this is it!

The changes from the previous combo are subtle but I found the Poplar Wood a bit too loud. I find the figured light ash is the best of the lighter coloured wood trims.

As far as leather is concerned, the Cinnamon is a good colour but the Gold Brown is richer and more vibrant and makes the Cinnamon look dull by comparison. It also matches the Light Ash/Blue Onyx better than Cinnamon.

Here's a comparison of the two - Cinnamon on top, Gold Brown below:

So that's it.. one of life's little riddles solved :)

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Do you have Auburn in the same patch sample for comparison? Like how you showed Golden Brown and Cinnamon?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll do a three way shot with Auburn/Cinnamon/Gold Brown next week.

Auburn is a stock E60 (non M5) colour and is flat and dull compared to these two :sad1:

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I'll do a three way shot with Auburn/Cinnamon/Gold Brown next week.

Auburn is a stock E60 (non M5) colour and is flat and dull compared to these two :sad1:
Ya... I just want to see a comparison... thanks!

·
Registered
369 Posts
it looks nice but for me the wood is too yellow. don't you like black piano finish? that looks stunning imo.
your combination looks good but don't you mind having too many colors in your interior?
- you have the leather color,
- you have many black (plastic) parts, which you cannot change
- you have some aluminium parts, which you also cannot change
- you have the (yellow) wood
- and you have a blue exterior (i know, it is not the interior, but you can see it from the inside)
that are ~4 and a half interior colors, you know what i mean...
imo that is too much, makes the car look to loud or too unbalanced.

but the only person who should like your combination is you and maybe your familiy ;-) have a nice weekend

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Ashok,
I like your revised combination better. I still think the interior does best with the aluminum look materials, but if you're going with wood, the new choice looks a little more modern/ stylish. I can't wait to see the pictures of the actual item!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Ashok, I do like your new colour choice and the gold brown leather is a little richer looking and works well with Blue Onyx. I'm still not a fan of the woods but your choice should look great. I bet you can't wait.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
The color combo is "nice" but i personally would go for a more sportier color :M5launch:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Ashok,

Glad you sorted it out for yourself! Now you're going to have to find other things to ponder while you wait for your eyes to close at night.

I personally prefer a darker wood (believe me the piano is not that cumbersome to keep clean), but you're paying for the car & you should be happy. Suffice it to say yours will be a very 'rare & sought after' combo.

Cheers

·
Registered
675 Posts
Nice Ashok

Similar colour I would choose if i was getting one.Love thattype of combo on Ferrari,'s,and nice to see you've gone for a really dark colour,black or similar to the one you've chosen is the best way to display the 5 and 6 series.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nice combinations; you're final selection is richer leather but balanced with a mild wood. Enjoy your car! Poplar wood can look very dominating.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Good choice Ashok, your car is going to look fantastic!

all the best
adam

1 - 15 of 15 Posts