1,507 Posts
Yay! 8000RPM everyday for everyone!

hiha

Thank you for the info!

:cheers:

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Wow a 6 year warranty is really good. That means no chipping for six years and bad resale value after that period I guess :(

But aby case, good move!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Gustav said:
Wow a 6 year warranty is really good. That means no chipping for six years and bad resale value after that period I guess :(

But aby case, good move!
Except for Dinan right? There was a very informative post on roadfly last Sunday regarding their S2-M3 development.

361 hp, from CAI, exhaust, chip (forget what else). I can post the link if anyone is interested. Don't know the cost but the rumor is that it will be available in Jan.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
But the first one wasn't my fault! Seriously! :D

hiha

keesdh said:
LOL!

Kevin - aren't you on your second engine in Emma already? :D
(j/k)

·
Registered
490 Posts
This is excellent news!!! Thanks for the info - btw, jtlm5 - post any info you might have on an S2 M3 from Dinan - that would be interesting to investigate...

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The BMWNA announcement they talk about at the roadlfly forum is for NA only. What do we get in Europe (or anywhere else) if anything at all remains to be seen. May be the continuous whining of our American friends over this issue (rightly so) had a point and made a difference. I don't think we did the same in Europe and now they've got it and we probably didn't. There is a lot to be learned from them when it comes to customer rights and privilages. ;) Anyway, I guess we all have to talk to our dealers and keep each other informed.

Regards,

Ufuk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I officially received the letter today. Those of you in the US should be getting your letter also. The wording is exactly identical to what was posted on Roadfly by BMWNA.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't see any reasons why we shouldn't have the same extended warranty here in Europe. It's basically the same engine built in the same plant in Germany.

But we have to ask for it and start putting some pressure on BMW here in Europe.

So my suggestion is to start talking with your dealer and express your concerns and show them the US letter from BMW NA and then move on higher up with BMW in your country!

I will NOT be satisfied with anything less then the same 6 year extended engine warranty!

/RS2

·
Registered
547 Posts
RS2 said:
I don't see any reasons why we shouldn't have the same extended warranty here in Europe. It's basically the same engine built in the same plant in Germany.

But we have to ask for it and start putting some pressure on BMW here in Europe.

So my suggestion is to start talking with your dealer and express your concerns and show them the US letter from BMW NA and then move on higher up with BMW in your country!

I will NOT be satisfied with anything less then the same 6 year extended engine warranty!

/RS2
It's true!!;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts