BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from my dealer advising that they had managed to get my Black/Black M5 (their demo order) prepared and ready to go today! They didnt want to put it in the show room and checked with BMW GB who advised that I could take the car. :1: :1: :1: :1:

Got home 10 minutes ago having done 60 miles. Took a few photos but it was getting dark so apologies for the poor picture quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
reevo said:
Got a call from my dealer advising that they had managed to get my Black/Black M5 (their demo order) prepared and ready to go today! They didnt want to put it in the show room and checked with BMW GB who advised that I could take the car. :1: :1: :1: :1:

Got home 10 minutes ago having done 60 miles. Took a few photos but it was getting dark so apologies for the poor picture quality.
come on reevo....take it to your local garage under its spot lights and take some pictures or into your garage....I wanna see that colour

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow! Congrats and welcome to the drivers club:byee55amg - you won't be disappointed reevo!

An E60 M5 in Norwich (365 Pups, 53 Churches) I can't believe that...

I just remember the 6 months I spent at:
Bell Norwich
Bowthorpe Hall
Norwich
NR5 9AA

in '94

People gave me a stare at that time when I drove around in my MY'93 535i. I even had difficulties to get the right size of tyres in a reasonable time at LIND. Later on some young kids broke into my car near Peppermints Club (still existing?). LIND fixed the window but couldn't replace the broken glove box (LHS)

Nevertheless be careful!
Sorry, but it just came up...ha, ha, ha good old timescherrsagai !!!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Congrats Reevo, absolutely gorgeous. :thumbsup: Please take some more pics as we are all dying to an E60 M5 in Black.

Enjoy. :M5launch: :wroom:

·
Registered
127 Posts
reevo said:

Congrats!

Welcome to the "close circle"... Try to take it easy the first 2000 kms...

:byee55amg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Reevo - it looks fab, even in the dark. How did you convince your dealer to sell as my London dealer has maintained that the first car would be a demo only model. I have been promised the first retail car, but won't get it until end of Aug. Naturally I asked to take delivery on 1st Sept for future resell purposes.

Anyway keep the news and photos coming in, enjoy it. :flag: :flag: :flag:

reevo said:

·
Registered
271 Posts
bmwnewm5 said:
Reevo - it looks fab, even in the dark. How did you convince your dealer to sell as my London dealer has maintained that the first car would be a demo only model. I have been promised the first retail car, but won't get it until end of Aug. Naturally I asked to take delivery on 1st Sept for future resell purposes.
Many congrats Reevo - looking forward to the pics mmmmmm

I think it must be a London thing. My London dealer also is running a demo (and cannot believe other dealers have got away with not) and I am waiting till July for mine which is the first customer car for them.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Not just a London thing my dealer in Hampshire is also running a demo although their sister company in Surrey isnt!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Personally I feel the current situation is a disgrace...

Whilst I am very happy for those who have now got their cars and look forward to hearing and seeing all about it, I am not happy with BMW over their handling of demos and deliveries. Originally, up until several months ago, all dealers were required to run a demonstrator for a minimum of 3 to 6 months (always got differing answers on this one), the first cars therefore given to customers would be those actually for the first customers, i.e. those who ordered probably now over three years ago (I am just over 3 years and 1 month). If you had ordered so long ago, you would reasonably expect to have the first car. The change in demos is understandable - any business circumstance can change - and I cannot argue with a decision not to run a demo. However, if this is the decision it should be evenly and correctly managed - with no demos, orders should have been shifted one forward, so those who ordered first still got their cars first. I am extremely disappointed and it does put me off pre-ordering a BMW again (although I probably will when the next generation is first talked about!).

Anyway enough ranting, it is only a car after all ;)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Basically it is the usual BMW cock-up when it comes to handling customer orders and waiting lists. The sooner BMW move to a centralised system for these sought after cars that attract a waiting list the better. Audi deal with this in a far more professional manner as I experienced with the RS4. I knew exactly what number I was on the waiting list and when someone dropped out everybody below moved up. Meant that dealers couldnt screw round with the system as the BMW ones do now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry chaps, I feel a bit guilty! The car was offered to the first two people on my dealers list who both decided to wait for their specific orders. Rather than wait until January ( I was 3rd on the list) I took the car. I am sure you would have done the same! I must agree that it does seem unfair that some dealers run a demo and some dont!

Anyway, the car is superb. HUD is remarkable, so clear in all conditions, Multi function seats are IMHO a must and aluminium trim is not as cheap looking as I had feared. Struggling to get 12mpg at the moment!

Photos will follow later.

Regards

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seem to be having a few problems uploading the pics, heres 1 to be going on with!

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Congrats Reevo! I love the MF seats too - especially the way they give you a welcoming squeeze when you start her up as in "ready to have a little play?"! I found I drove in S5/6 nearly all the time..

·
Registered
127 Posts
reevo said:
Seem to be having a few problems uploading the pics, heres 1 to be going on with!
Very nice!!! Sunroof and all, thought it was rain all the time in U.K?? :D

I can never upload anything larger than 800k. Looking forward to additional pics.

Enjoy! :flag:

·
Registered
271 Posts
reevo said:
Sorry chaps, I feel a bit guilty! The car was offered to the first two people on my dealers list who both decided to wait for their specific orders. Rather than wait until January ( I was 3rd on the list) I took the car. I am sure you would have done the same! I must agree that it does seem unfair that some dealers run a demo and some dont!

Anyway, the car is superb. HUD is remarkable, so clear in all conditions, Multi function seats are IMHO a must and aluminium trim is not as cheap looking as I had feared. Struggling to get 12mpg at the moment!

Photos will follow later.

Regards
Don't feel guilty!! I agree - if a right spec'd demo had been offered to me, I would have taken it!! I just have a problem with BMW!!

Glad to hear about the aluminium - mine will be black/black/aluminium

1 - 20 of 22 Posts