BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
No problem! I'm in the same boat you are. Months into my ownership of these wheels, I STILL have not come up with what to do with these center caps, if anything at all. We need to come up with our own design and just have decals/overlays made ;)

Please refrain from using my real name. I am M5^5, please. JK :)
I ended up doing this to mine, will eventually add a decal over it once i find a good one.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I ended up doing this to mine, will eventually add a decal over it once i find a good one.
Oddly enough, I'm surprised that with all the other stuff I wrapped, that I did not think to wrap the center cap :hihi:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Sweet wheels! Now your car is begging for a brake upgrade. :)
Yep I know, probably going to paint the stock calipers black for now and go for some new rotors and pads, just not sure if I can swing the BBK until I sell off some things, and a new clutch is much more necessary. On original clutch now with nearly 80k on her..

Speaking of, I'll be posting a few items for sale soon including my stock wheels, some new floor mats, possibly my OEM hella headlights if buyer doesnt come through today etc.

Unfortunately no great pictures were taken this weekend, weather is horrible with our daily monsoons..and my buddy had his parents in town..we're going to try for something after work one of these weekdays though. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
possibly cat delete and NEED a good tune for the SS headers..heavily leaning towards Evolve or ESS..considering alpha-N too.

I think the biggest unknowns right now are whether to cat delete (considering resonators in place of cats) and which tune for optimal gains. Some may remember I gained some power up top (not what most with SS headers gained though) but I had significant losses mid range..My car is running very rich though so I'm sure there are solid gains just by correcting AFRs.

As far as minor mods, will disable DRLs soon since my friend got the software to do so. Maybe go AE=DRL. Possibly Considering Intravee or Dice too. Also like the ZHP knob but not sure because I like the lighted OEM and lighted ZHP is a bit pricey..all things I'm toying with though..
I was also considering removing my cats as well, but with my current exhaust setup I think I would lose too much back back pressure resulting in a noticeable loss of low end torque, which I love. So at the end I decided on keeping them on, for the sake of smog..... and because I love our environment :D

I'm also on the fence about the lighted ZHP knob, it would be nice to get it but it's just not high enough on my list of priorities right now. Maybe I'll actually have to wait for the real Christmas Clause this year for that :santasmile2:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Looking good. I had the black caps and think they are a huge pita to deal with if you ever need to take your tires off. I opted to get black lugs through turner.

Did you need to go with spacers? Did I see earlier that they were 15 & 20 mm? Just curious as there were mention of several sized wheels and some did not need spacers and just the fender lip rolled.

I would love to see what these look like on a sterling gray.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Looking good. I had the black caps and think they are a huge pita to deal with if you ever need to take your tires off. I opted to get black lugs through turner.

Did you need to go with spacers? Did I see earlier that they were 15 & 20 mm? Just curious as there were mention of several sized wheels and some did not need spacers and just the fender lip rolled.

Thanks for input on the caps, I'll check into both options. Yes on spacers, 20mm F and 15mm R to get them flush with the body. M55555 went through a lot of the testing on the spacers. I think I read you may not need spacers for the 9.5"F/10.5"R set up, but not sure on that..

I bet these would look sweet on almost any color honestly, definitely sterling gray. Volk TE37 is just a classy simple yet aggressive design..I posted a pic on facebook and half the friends who 'liked' it were girls so that's a good thing too. :haha2:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Is this sterling gray? I photoshopped this a while ago:

I bet these would look sweet on almost any color honestly, definitely sterling gray. Volk TE37 is just a classy simple yet aggressive design..I posted a pic on facebook and half the friends who 'liked' it were girls so that's a good thing too. :haha2:
Haha that's great to hear! Maybe I should make my way out to FL now huh?? lovelove ;)

Reactions: M5Gator

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Is this sterling gray? I photoshopped this a while ago:

Haha that's great to hear! Maybe I should make my way out to FL now huh?? lovelove ;)
funny, I meant to reference your post since I did recall you photoshopped several colors for people who wondered how these wheels would look..

And yes, you should make a trip over to FL..I can only imagine the attention two of these beasts would get cruising down University Ave. :) You may have to fight off some friends for the guest room though, football season is right around the corner and us Gators take our football serious..I mean real serious. :goldcup:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
funny, I meant to reference your post since I did recall you photoshopped several colors for people who wondered how these wheels would look..

And yes, you should make a trip over to FL..I can only imagine the attention two of these beasts would get cruising down University Ave. :) You may have to fight off some friends for the guest room though, football season is right around the corner and us Gators take our football serious..I mean real serious. :goldcup:
Where can I leave a deposit? :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
M55555, this CF wrap on the center caps would go wonderfully on your beast.
Yeah I agree, be the guinea pig for us black beasts John :) bet it would look good, nice job Cabron.. I may think about that too if nothing else, since I have a CF lip and CF ducts to go on. I'll probably think it over some..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Not to sway you in any direction on a BBK, but I just saw these pics on the VarrsToen webpage and thought you might enjoy the eye candy ;)

·
Registered
275 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Reactions: blackxs

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Not to sway you in any direction on a BBK, but I just saw these pics on the VarrsToen webpage and thought you might enjoy the eye candy ;)

Yeah, those big open wheels just beg for a BBK..sigh. Can you get me a set for let's say $500? :) Maybe I'll try and watch the for sale section..

Besides, I'm not tracking the car or really pushing it's abilities just yet so the BBK would be more show than anything..although I realize the importance of great braking, that's an expensive "show item". :dunno:

Stop feeding the "beast" John, you know I've been bit and you're just being the little devil on my shoulder now lol..grrrrrrr

I need a clutch first..and CNS isn't exactly cheap either. :(

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I was imagining something like this.
I wish they offered something like this to fit where the fog light housing is....
Yeah that would be very cool and I'd have no problem ditching my fog lights with all the HID bulb issues I'm having. ouich

61 - 80 of 99 Posts