BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On work duty this morning (selling hippy tickets :confused3 ).

Its 7am, London is quite still. I'm off for a spin, catch y in a hour.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
I love England and all her glory.Spend a year at Oxford and know about those early morning jaunts.:flag:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....... :biggrin:

For the first time ever I felt comfortable tail sliding.

Brilliant, sorry if I woke any of you :byee55amg

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
DSC Off - Sport Mode On :M5launch:

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Does it not confuse you to be driving on the wrong side of the road,and sitting on the passenger seat???;) :wroom:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Good on ya!

I worked in London for about 8 months...we had to rent cars - unfortunately, a lot of the team members didn't know how to drive a manual - which is what most of the rental cars are over there...so we had to find automatics - boring and MBs at that! zzzzz

Yeah, it's different driving on the wrong side of the road and in the passenger seat - especially for us Yanks - but even stranger is doing all that in a manual! Shifting with your left hand. :eek:h:

But, the killer is the roundabouts...took about 3 days to get used to those and still I am sure I upset the whole flow of traffic. :mad:

We had people on our team that weren't fit to drive in the US - you should have seen the chaos they caused. One guy was so bad noone would ride with him except me - and why I did was only to try to help him! :7:

He was so bad, he came back to the US after a 4 week stay in London and got ticketed on his way back from the airport for driving on the wrong side of the road in San Francisco! Luckily he didn't cause any accidents!! :haha:

·
Registered
867 Posts
I just got back from a blast across Europe from the Alps to London - 500 miles in 7 hours (including stops!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
SCORPIO said:
Good on ya!

But, the killer is the roundabouts...took about 3 days to get used to those and still I am sure I upset the whole flow of traffic. :mad:
HAHAHA.

Feel for you there mate. Been a UK resident i am use to them but just had my godfather over from Pheonix and he was totally thrown by them. He just didnt grab the whole concept.

Take it you got use to it though?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
...we had to rent cars - unfortunately, a lot of the team members didn't know how to drive a manual - which is what most of the rental cars are over there...so we had to find automatics - boring and MBs at that!
Well renting an automatic keeps you from shifting the window crank !! grrrrrrr

RWH said:
He just didnt grab the whole concept.
I could figure out the roundabouts as long as there were other cars, :eek: it was looking to the left for the rear view mirror instead of right I couldn't grab. :confused:

Ken

·
Registered
32 Posts
kwalls said:
I could figure out the roundabouts as long as there were other cars, :eek: it was looking to the left for the rear view mirror instead of right I couldn't grab. :confused:

Ken
I know that you lot have problems driving here but think how us brits feel. How many countries follow our left-hand side driving?

We have to wait for right hand drive cars or pay over the odds for the option (even though we pay over the odds anyway for virtually everything)

HAHAHA>>on the grabbing the window crank

·
Registered
992 Posts
RWH said:
HAHAHA.

Feel for you there mate. Been a UK resident i am use to them but just had my godfather over from Pheonix and he was totally thrown by them. He just didnt grab the whole concept.

Take it you got use to it though?
Yep, once you get the concept, you really can appreciate that it keeps traffic moving...even if at the beginning you just keep moving around the same roundabout trying to figure out how to get in the right (or is it the left...) lanes to exit....:hihi:

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
If I had a British "Tart" sitting next to me.I could care less where the steering wheel is.:cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts