BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a report today that last night, witnesses observed two low flying objects out my way.

UFO :confused: Two of them.

They were Low flying objects alright. As for unidentified, well at the speed these things were travelling at, its no wonder nobody quite new what they were.

The Slower of the two objects, the Carbon Black one seemed to hover at 250 Km/hr whilst the Steel Grey one then seemed to just take off and disappear into the distance, as if the Black one was some how "Limited" :haha:

Congratulations To CHUNKY aka Stuart Carr on his New Carbon/silverstone Beast.

He made a valient effort to hang with Yoda. He had a very nice view of the Tubi.

Later on we sat back and enjoyed a Few scotches as his nerves were settled.

I guess he is just not used to being left behind whilst doing 250 Km/hr hiha

:M5launch: :M5launch:

·
Registered
487 Posts
I always laugh at your posts, sometimes I just wonder what story is behind the title again! Shame on you for putting him down like that whilst he's enjoying his new car! Take care and have good one Koala :D

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Charlie said:
I always laugh at your posts, sometimes I just wonder what story is behind the title again! Shame on you for putting him down like that whilst he's enjoying his new car! Take care and have good one Koala :D
Thanks Charlie,

ChuckC calls me Kanga, you call me Koala, just don't call me late for super. :cheers:

Chunky Loved it. He has a long trip home, he went accross a few states to pick up the Beast.

I won't steal his thunder. He will post when he gets home.

Most of the people who saw it, could only Identify a Black Car like object. hiha.

I guess the Grey one was too quick to see. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quest For Yoda

Hey Guys, yes it's true I was left in a streaming 300 + Klm per hr cloud of sand and road kill. Yoda would have to be the best M5 in the country and having now driven a stock M5 and Yoda whithin a few minutes of each other (thanks MIB) I can verify that they are two very different vehicles both in handling and power delivery.
Having only owned my first beast for less than two days and travelling home northwards I made two very important stops.

1/ Bromspec Automotive in Sydney where I was able to experience first hand a Blown E39 2000 M5 that was producing 430 Kw at the wheels.... :hihi: :M5launch:
Very impressive...0 to 100 Klms in 4 secs and mid 11 low 12 sec quarter mile...if you can get traction....wot a ride....!!!!! cherrsagai I need more scotch please... :hihi:
Bromspec are producing a kit soon that will give the american and european tuners a run for thier money and all for about 25 k Aud Installed.... I just gotta have one of those... :byee55amg
Anyway I am in the process of collating pics and technical info on the kit and will be making a new post dedicated to this great Aussie weapon.

Stop 2 Brisbane MIB House of Yoda

After pleasentries were exchanged it was down to buisness....MIB offers me a drive of Yoda.... :hihi: :hihi: my brain took about 1/2 a nano second to accept and off we went....very nice and tight compared to my 2000 beast which in comparrison drives like a waterbed.... hiha
Wht doesnt BMW just build cars like this stock...?
Anyway it's a credit to Mark on the development of Yoda so far....maybe a Bromspec Supercharger would complete the story... :M5launch: :M5launch:
It was then out on the Freeway for a run where I got my first taste of Beast power...Oh for those of you who dont know I traded Emma (2000 540 M Sport, MIB's car before Yoda) for my new Beast.
It has been a long road for me to get into a Beast and what better way to get initiated than to get pasted in a drag with MIB and then sit down to a serious scotch session to calm my nerves.
My next challenge will be to play with some forced induction...hopefully on Yoda if I can get MIB to part with him.....can you imagine Yoda with 430 Kw at the wheels....yeeeeehhaaaaaa..... :hihi: mmmmmm hiha
I guess you will all be hearing from me a bit more often now that I own a Beast and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all.

Cheers

Chunky :M5rev: :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Great fun story, Mark & Chunky. I especially like the scotch afterwards. cherrsagai Dam* don't you guys have any speed limits down there. :hihi: :M5launch:

Joe

·
Registered
22 Posts
Speed Limits....Why do think I was Shakin... :M5launch: :hihi:
Q.. Whats better than going out to play in an M5 ?
A.. Why two M5's of course hiha hiha

Cheers

Chunky

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
:hihi: :hihi: You gotta love the aussie humor. Hey MIB, Chunky needs to come with you next time to LA and San Diego and drive in our famous traffic full of people in a hurry, on their cell phones and/or asleep at the wheel. :eek: A totally different driving experiance than in OZ. :1:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Chunky said:
Speed Limits....Why do think I was Shakin... :M5launch: :hihi:
Q.. Whats better than going out to play in an M5 ?
A.. Why two M5's of course hiha hiha

Cheers

Chunky
Speed Limits......we don't need no stinkin speed limits :hihi: :hihi:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chuckc said:
:hihi: :hihi: You gotta love the aussie humor. Hey MIB, Chunky needs to come with you next time to LA and San Diego and drive in our famous traffic full of people in a hurry, on their cell phones and/or asleep at the wheel. :eek: A totally different driving experiance than in OZ. :1:
Hey Mr C,

So long as it isn't the day before Turkey day. ;)

It still amazes me how those guys could sleep and still drive. :eek:

I offer thanks to Beastpower for the V-1 Mirror. It allowed me to keep one eye on Chunky & The V-1 at the same time. :hihi:

It was a great day. Every head in the neighbour hood was watching as the Two Beasts wound there way out to the highway.

Hey Joe,

Sure we have Speed limits......But I thought when you get a Powerchip it meant that they no longer applied......Honest your worship...Powerchip told me there was no more limit. hiha

MJ

·
Registered
590 Posts
MIB said:
Sure we have Speed limits......But I thought when you get a Powerchip it meant that they no longer applied......Honest your worship...Powerchip told me there was no more limit. hiha

MJ
:haha: :haha:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
MIB,

I always thought you good people of the force actually obeyed the speed-limits... not!

I can just imagine the tickets: "Sir, for you that´ll be 180 km/h over the limit, and for you Sir, it´ll be 230 km/h above, please."

David

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DavidS said:
MIB,

I always thought you good people of the force actually obeyed the speed-limits... not!

I can just imagine the tickets: "Sir, for you that´ll be 180 km/h over the limit, and for you Sir, it´ll be 230 km/h above, please."

David
hiha They created the beast/man so now they have to live with their creation.

At that speed, It may be best to keep going. I'm pretty sure they have nothing that could hang with Yoda on that stretch of road.

Three quick stops back to 100 and go again, before I choose the exit of choice, and they would have Zero brakes left to make the turn. (Disclaimer: Do not try this at home boys and girls.)

Know thy Playground.

MJ

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Great story guys. :thumbsup: hiha

Hey Mark, was that with or without the golf clubs in the trunk. Don't all those golf balls you carry weigh a ton?:haha:

Regards,
T.

·
Registered
590 Posts
MIB said:
Three quick stops back to 100 and go again, before I choose the exit of choice, and they would have Zero brakes left to make the turn. (Disclaimer: Do not try this at home boys and girls.)

Know thy Playground.

MJ
A pretty slick trick there MJ, I'll have to remember that one. :noSMG:

Joe

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Terk said:
Great story guys. :thumbsup: hiha

Hey Mark, was that with or without the golf clubs in the trunk. Don't all those golf balls you carry weigh a ton?:haha:

Regards,
T.
Hey T-Man,

I loose plenty at Pelican waters, so the bag stays light. hiha

Whenever I get a build up, we take the trip to Pelican. If your not on the fairway, your GONE ! in a lot less than 60 seconds.

82 off the stick today. 83 Yesterday. 81 Tomorrow :haha:

Single figures by Xmas. :cheers:

Chunky has the right idea, he takes the Helicopter to the Golf Club for lunch.

Some guys have to show off :hihi: ......and to think I just double de-clutch to let everyone hear the Tubi.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
MIB said:
Chunky has the right idea, he takes the Helicopter to the Golf Club for lunch.
What´s the equipment?

David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts