BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I recently traded in my 2006 M5 for a 2008 M6. Not exactly sure if I made the right choice but needed a slight change in scenery and love bmw. I didn't really need the 2 extra doors and wanted a more sporty car. I loved my M5 and I am hopeful the m6 will be a similiar experience. I ordered the car with
soft close
ipod
enhanced audio
hd audio
satellite
carbon fiber trim
comfort access
full merino leather
I didn't get hud because I hate the huge whole it puts in the dash. Not to mention the fact that the tach is pretty useless.
Tracking says it gets here on 2/14.....so when will I have it in hand? I am nyc??

·
Registered
125 Posts
What colors? My M6 is my first BMW after a bunch of Porsches etc., and it is great. Similar options as yours, but mine has HUD, and I don't find it very useful. Matter of taste.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black on black. I am getting concerned though. When i track my order online it does not refer to full merino leather. It just says merino leather. BIG difference in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Black on black. I am getting concerned though. When i track my order online it does not refer to full merino leather. It just says merino leather. BIG difference in my opinion.
Ask the dealer for confirmation order before it goes any further. He should have that easily at hand.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Good Luck, ...Changing your handle???

·
Registered
994 Posts
Follow up on this ASAP. I love my stitched dash and it's funny how many passengers runs their hands along it.

As for the HUD, I actually really like it, especially when testing out certain electronic "aids" BMW, Merc and Audi are hamstrung by:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
HUD sucks and I would not get it again. I get a glare off the HUD, not the mirror portion, but the leather surround frame of the HUD.
Reflects in my windsheild right in my line of sight.

I took a poll and against my better judgement ordered the car with it. Mistake for me.

Forgot to say Congrats!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Ok guys I recently traded in my 2006 M5 for a 2008 M6. Not exactly sure if I made the right choice but needed a slight change in scenery and love bmw. I didn't really need the 2 extra doors and wanted a more sporty car. I loved my M5 and I am hopeful the m6 will be a similiar experience. I ordered the car with
soft close
ipod
enhanced audio
hd audio
satellite
carbon fiber trim
comfort access
full merino leather
I didn't get hud because I hate the huge whole it puts in the dash. Not to mention the fact that the tach is pretty useless.
Tracking says it gets here on 2/14.....so when will I have it in hand? I am nyc??
no HUD????? Do you still have time to change the order??? :confused:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
HUD sucks and I would not get it again. I get a glare off the HUD, not the mirror portion, but the leather surround frame of the HUD.
Reflects in my windsheild right in my line of sight.

I took a poll and against my better judgement ordered the car with it. Mistake for me.

Forgot to say Congrats!
I dont agree... maybe only the M6 has this problem.... :confused:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HUD also made me go away from polarized lenses in my glasses. that is ridculous in my book and also the hole in the full merino dash is ashame.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
HUD also made me go away from polarized lenses in my glasses. that is ridculous in my book and also the hole in the full merino dash is ashame.
If you've had the HUD, used it and became comfortable with it perhaps you would miss it. It's a personal thing. I really thought originally it was a bit gimicky. I have grown to like it and find I miss it in other cars as well as the paddle shifters. I suppose that's why Baskin & Robbins has all those flavors? :dunno:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I am a little freaked out that the order tracking does not say full leather. Can someone with full leather confirm that the owners circle order tracking does not refer to full or not full leather? My salesperson is on vacation until monday......i am dying.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ok I am a little freaked out that the order tracking does not say full leather. Can someone with full leather confirm that the owners circle order tracking does not refer to full or not full leather? My salesperson is on vacation until monday......i am dying.....
I can feel your pain. Call the dealership (or go down there) and have the sales manager help. Just because the Salesperson is enjoying their vacation, doesn't mean you have to suffer after plunking down 90+K. Good luck, and I had the HUD on my 550 (not by choice), and I actually liked it for the navigation function. Anyway, great car, and great color combo.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I love the HUD, but the hole in the dash is an eyesore ouich
The ridge in the dash, just below the windshield, forms a smooth arc starting on the doors. A beautiful design element, interrupted by the HUD :nono:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
X3SW Full Merino Leather/ Black
X2SW Full Merino Leather/ Perforated/Black
LKSW Extended Merino Leather/ Black

Hope this helps...............

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am referring to owners circle information..even if you have your car you can take a peak at the order tracking portion:confused2

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
My order says "X3A8 sepang merino leather", and I have Full Leather. I remember questioning this myself. The standard would say "Sepang extended leather" You're fine.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok....breathing a bit easier....I can't wait....already made appointment to get the laser jammer installed...i didn't remove the charcoal filters on my last car but might this time around....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts