BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got home after midnight last night.This morning I found my 2008 M6 covered with eggs. What is wrong with children this days?Thank God no damage to my car, but I'm extremly upsetgrrrrrrrgrrrrrrrgrrrrrrrgrrrrrrrgrrrrrrr

·
Registered
132 Posts
Children these days.

WTF? Egged an M6?--yes, garages are your friend, but it isn't NY-- I had it happen in Malibu.

Check out "Trunk Monkey" on Youtube. ........However....

This topic really gets me stewing, particularly in the midst of a sham election -- it is the total collapse of social responsibility; many parents and most schools don't teach values anymore -- our society and youth is consumed with entitlement and me-first narcissism. And it is not much of a step from eggs to road rage and then to drive-bys. If any of my kids even thought of egging or any other mischief, there would be unstinting hell to pay.

Eggs are really bad news, paint remover -- truly amazed you have no damage. Had a teen party get really out of hand some years ago (booze, pot and uninvited gang-types). It was my guest house and being the landlord, I shut it down at midnight and sent 'em off. Monsters came back with eggs and nailed all my outside cars plus the house. Paint damage everywhere when the eggs dried --- didn't see the mess until morning. Ten years later, marks remain on two cars and I've never been able to properly clean the chimney brickwork or the siding.

And at 10:00 AM or PM --- any time zone, anywhere on the planet, I know where my kids are. Not only would they not dare such malice, they wouldn't even think of it. I can't say enough about firm, involved, loving parenting. Example--I spent 10 years in scouting with my boy--every campout, every meeting, every hike. Good for me too. He made Eagle by age 15 and I stayed a bit younger in the bargain. I actually think he's more mature at 18 than I am at 61.

Scouting is paramilitary of course, less so now than a few decades past ---but without compulsory military or national service it remains one of the very few institutions preparing young men for wholesome, productive lives as leaders and solid citizens.

As I said --this topic really gets me going. Was it Chicago this weekend where 26 young people were victims of firearms violence? I'll tell you this: they weren't Eagle Scouts.

Teach your children well...your father's hell is just a goodbye.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yea, i'm his son and im completely outraged... my 325ci which is fairly modded and looks hooked up, wasn't even touched and i was parked right next to him...

im trying my best to find out if any kids in my school did this, and i'm going to confront his parents with my father or something to get a nice little vcsl splitter or the like 0:)

lesson learned, haha

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Scouting is paramilitary of course, less so now than a few decades past ---but without compulsory military or national service it remains one of the very few institutions preparing young men for wholesome, productive lives as leaders and solid citizens.

As I said --this topic really gets me going. Was it Chicago this weekend where 26 young people were victims of firearms violence? I'll tell you this: they weren't Eagle Scouts.

Teach your children well...your father's hell is just a goodbye.
Not to get off topic but I missed out on the scouts growing up. However a few weeks ago I was invited to a local Scout leadership dinner through a vendor at work who was a corporate sponsor of the dinner. Two local former scouts were honored. Both had made eagle scout, both were currently CEOs of large corporations, highly educated, and both were highly involved in the community.

Scouts still seems like a highly worthwhile activity for kids.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Off-topic--sorry

Yup--I didn't get to scouting until my late 40's. Can't say enough good things. Worthwhile activity for dads, too. Got me off my duff and started backpacking and mountain biking. Thus, at 61 I am approaching responsible middle age and not a dangerous codger in a retirement-crisis hotrod.

And yes, do indeed find the monsters who egged the M6--no better teacher than retribution.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Same thing by my house...My 645 was egged maybe 3 times, 1 time on my escalade...thats why the M6 gets parked in the driveway behind the fence. It really fouled up the paint job on my 645 too.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
I had a mad group of sorority girls I know cover my Tahoe in eggs, butter, and some sticky diaper maxipad things. It was pretty jacked up waking up to my neighbor wanting to call the police because they had done so much stuff to our house. We probably would have gotten revenge with the girls but they were immature and lost their looks with the 4 years of solid boozing/no exercise in college so there was no need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts