BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where I can purchase the ISTA/D software. I want to bleed and diagnose my Vanos system. I’ve got an intermittent rattle when the car warms up from bank 1. No codes or limp mode.
Thanks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I’ve been using ISTA/D from bimmergeeks with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve been using ISTA/D from bimmergeeks with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that info. I’ve also got a Schwaban multi tool I bought through ECS. They said it would bleed the vanos but I’ve looked at it’s capabilities on line with no mention of that option.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to rehash an old post , but does anybody no the answer to this, the schwaben tool/vanos bleed question?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s great news. I’ve looked at every menu and sub menu but can’t navigate to that point where I can bleed the vanos. If you don’t mind and it’s not too detailed can u tell me how I can do this ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You may want to get rheingold much more stable for diagnostic and programming. INPA does test also but the actual bleed process is 17 minutes.
Thanks,but I have the scanner and really just want to bleed the vanos for now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry it took me a little longer. I went to ‘service’ then ‘drive’ then ‘motor electronics’. Option ‘3’ is ‘bleed vanos’.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry it took me a little longer. I went to ‘service’ then ‘drive’ then ‘motor electronics’. Option ‘3’ is ‘bleed vanos’.
Thanks for that info. Tried it this morning, scanner said it would take approx 18 min, but it went through the procedure in about 15 seconds. I don’t think that’s normal. I tried it a few more times but same results. Did u have the same issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for that info. Tried it this morning, scanner said it would take approx 18 min, but it went through the procedure in about 15 seconds. I don’t think that’s normal. I tried it a few more times but same results. Did u have the same issue? Thanks in advance.
Mine took around 18 minutes. Was the car running when you started the procedure?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can I use my FAMS USB to OBDII cable to run ISTA or does it only work with the iFlash program? I'm guessing it works the same as the bimmergeeks cable but I don't want to plug it in and screw something up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts