BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Picked up my 08 Space gray/black M5 last week and I have noticed the leather feels pretty dry and stiff even though I have the full perforated leather interior. The car only has 20k miles; there's not much wear only leather, just looks dry and feel a little hard. The car came from sunny California and it probably been sitting outside under the sun when parked?
I have done some basic cleaning, haven't got a chance to condition it yet.
Just checking to see how you guys' leather feel like? soft? hard? does it look dry?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
No it shouldn't be too soft! My merino is pretty firm but comfortable!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Agreed, pretty firm to the touch and dull to the eye; mines feed monthly with BMW's leather care lotion.

Regards

Jay

·
Registered
25 Posts
This surprises me a little guys that most of you are saying it should be firm as mine is actually pretty soft and I live in Denver where it's really dry and requires frequent conditioning, but overall I think it's a pretty soft leather.

·
Registered
96 Posts
leatherique" will resolve the problem. Let it sit for 24 hours then take the claener to remove the oils. My is very soft full leather. When i bought the car the leather was not as soft.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks boys! I applied some leatherique yesterday and went for a long drive with garbage bag seat covers. It's a little cold here, so I had the heat at full blast the whole way. I was baked in the car, and I hope leatherique work it's magic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts