1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Do you want the badge or the upgrades/improved performance? If you just want the badge you can buy it on ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
You're saying you want to get the DINAN parts and the badge? And your asking if thats the normal badge?

In order to get the DINAN Badge you need to have 10+ points worth of their products.. They also give you the badge if you get their stroker kit.

I have everything but their TB's, Differential, Stroker, and ECU. I also put the badge on.. heres what it looks like:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
OP: Based on what avlnch posted, it seems that the real Dinan badge is much larger and is proportional to the factory M5 badge.

The "Dinan Badge" on the M5 in the auction appears to be fake and about 30-40% smaller.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
OP: Based on what avlnch posted, it seems that the real Dinan badge is much larger and is proportional to the factory M5 badge.

The "Dinan Badge" on the M5 in the auction appears to be fake and about 30-40% smaller.
That is just the location I liked the best and picked. But all the DINAN cars I have seen, also have the bade in the top left trunk area.

I used tape, ruler, pencil to mirror the exact M5 badge location on the left side of the trunk. IMO looks best there.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
That is just the location I liked the best and picked. But all the DINAN cars I have seen, also have the bade in the top left trunk area.

I used tape, ruler, pencil to mirror the exact M5 badge location on the left side of the trunk. IMO looks best there.
When I said proportional I meant proportional in size (similar overall "font" size). I meant nothing of the symmetry of the location the badge was placed in. Though, now that you point it out, it does probably look the best in that location.

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thank you. I'm getting the parts and badge. Just thought it should havebeen bigger

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
When I said proportional I meant proportional in size (similar overall "font" size). I meant nothing of the symmetry of the location the badge was placed in. Though, now that you point it out, it does probably look the best in that location.
Didn't mean to say that.. just telling the OP how I installed it.

They should come with a badge positioning tool that lines up the badge in relation to the edges and a cutout to place the badge into.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Badges...we don't need no stinkin badges...

just read this...32k for an 06 w 71k on the odo?????????...and what looks to have been a car that has been "played" with to boot??
nah...I'd take a pass....
I know the OP was just looking for the badging/product but dayum...I could not help but notice the asking price.
S

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
just read this...32k for an 06 w 71k on the odo?????????...and what looks to have been a car that has been "played" with to boot??
nah...I'd take a pass....
I know the OP was just looking for the badging/product but dayum...I could not help but notice the asking price.
S
Assuming you can get an extended warranty forbid, 32k for an M5 is a crazy good price...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts