BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
It arrived last night and I will be picking it up Monday:D

I will post some photos once its been valeted as its covered in a layer of grime at the mo.

Any one else noticed that the limiter goes all the way to 211mph, I think this is higher than the one posted before in kph.

Well here comes the slowest 1200 miles, or thats how its going to feel:)

Rear Side
Rear Side 2

If there is a better way to link the images please let me know:)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Definitely take lots of pics, I can't wait to see one in person, I think it might end up as a great color for the car.

I assume you saw it in person, what did you think of the color?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vndkshn said:
Definitely take lots of pics, I can't wait to see one in person, I think it might end up as a great color for the car.

I assume you saw it in person, what did you think of the color?
It was covered in grime and very hard to tell exactly, it looked very dark from a distance but I must admit it was a dull day and in the shaddow of a bank.

I will try and post an image later as I couldn't when I created the post:)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes, post pics. I have ordered a US spec Indy red with sepang interior. What interior did you go with? On Build your M5 site on US side its not showing the option to order sepang interior etc...weird. Oh well, we will see.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
warrenatc said:
Yes, post pics. I have ordered a US spec Indy red with sepang interior. What interior did you go with? On Build your M5 site on US side its not showing the option to order sepang interior etc...weird. Oh well, we will see.
I have gone for the black leather and opted for the alcantara roof lining:)

Not sure why it's not showing the combo for you, might be that they dont have it as a standard combo :confused3

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yes, please upload photos ASAP. I'm still torn between Interlagos Blue and Indy Red. I think I still have a very small wondow of opportunity to make a color change before production begins.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
AbruzziBoy said:
Yes, please upload photos ASAP. I'm still torn between Interlagos Blue and Indy Red. I think I still have a very small wondow of opportunity to make a color change before production begins.
I saw an Indy Red on the street in London. It was a cloudy day, but the red looked quite dark. Very, very subtle and muted compared to the Interlagos Blue. The Blue is stunning, but LOUD.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I think how loud it appears is very much dependant on the lighting. In the bright lights at the car shows, yeah, I can imagine it would pickup alot of that light and reflect it. But in daytime, it is bright, but not loud. You will catch people's eye with it though, which is both a positive and negative. Looks awesome at night under the lights.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I was at my BMW dealer yesterday and there was an M3 on the lot in Interlagos Blue. It was a bright sunny day and the intensity of the color spooked me a little. In the sun it has a hint of purple in it. I can imagine that on a cloudy day or at night it is not as vivid. I wish I could see an Indy Red in person before my production date comes up. Are there any other current models in the USA with Indt Red paint?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I was at my BMW dealer yesterday and there was an M3 on the lot in Interlagos Blue. It was a bright sunny day and the intensity of the color spooked me a little. In the sun it has a hint of purple in it. I can imagine that on a cloudy day or at night it is not as vivid. I wish I could see an Indy Red in person before my production date comes up. Are there any other current models in the USA with Indt Red paint?

·
Registered
376 Posts
WOW! I am glad I chose Indy-red too. Its more crimson looking and slightly darker than my calypso red and looks terrific in those pictures, very classy and a standout from the rest of the bland colors out there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gustav said:
Fixed pictures. Wow, I think this colour could be a killer :) Very unique and very very nice. Imagine one Interlagos Blue and one Indianapolis Red M5 cruisig down the highway. NÌCE!

Rear Side
Thanks for sorting the images Gustav.

I will post some more photos once its valeted on Monday. Hopefully the weather will be better and the colour will be shown clearer.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The only problem with the red exterior is you can only get the black interior in Full Perforated, Black or Red Full non-perforated, and Black extended. I would have preferred sepang bronze or some other choices, since I don't like "tomb black" interior at all. Black with BMW is ALL black. Bring out the caskets!

I am also, leaning towards the more expensive seats, but no choices from BMW. Miserable selection of colors in general. First, I think the car is generally ugly and now no color selections. Oh well, I guess I just will make do with what is offered on my $100 grand car. It just doesn't seem fittin. Thanks for making buying a car so difficult, BMW.

I'll be interested to see if the unavailable color combination of Member warrenatc actually is filled. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Digi said:
The only problem with the red exterior is you can only get the black interior in Full Perforated, Black or Red Full non-perforated, and Black extended. I would have preferred sepang bronze or some other choices, since I don't like "tomb black" interior at all. Black with BMW is ALL black. Bring out the caskets!

I am also, leaning towards the more expensive seats, but no choices from BMW. Miserable selection of colors in general. First, I think the car is generally ugly and now no color selections. Oh well, I guess I just will make do with what is offered on my $100 grand car. It just doesn't seem fittin. Thanks for making buying a car so difficult, BMW.

I'll be interested to see if the unavailable color combination of Member warrenatc actually is filled. Keep us posted!
In the UK the indi red can be ordered with any combo, there is a list of BMW prefered combos and it has a dot next to every option meaning that they think it goes with every possible colour available. Not sure if this is also the case with the UK online configuration tool.

Strange that in the US you are getting limited to choices??? hmmm

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Lovely colour Sacha. Do you listen to Radio 3 or it that the dealer??

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Gop-Dogg said:
What exactly does the speed limiter in the i-drive do?
You can enter a speed at which you wish to be alerted by the check control message. This is useful as a reminder when you reach the preselected speed. It gongs and tells you that you reached the speed selected. It is also accurate, because the speed is from the OBC accurate speed instead of the always wrong speedometer. Using the speed limiter is a good way to help figure out the error in the speedometer. I set mine at 73 MPH to alert me to be more aware, particularly of speed enforcement efforts.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts