117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Its not an M5 key, its the 7 series key.

Regards

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can't be an M5 key. Cars with Keyless Go/Comfort access are september onwards builds... (i think)

I think this applies to Europe as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hornet said:
Looks like a E90 key to me. Apparently the 7-series has the same key also.
its the E90 key. The key for the 7 series is more square and made out of a higher quality plastic. The e90 key is made out of the same plastic that on all the rest of the normal twist keys like the E39 and E46 and e60's. I know this because I do Valet in hollywood and get to drive the whole bmw lineup ona weekly basis.

·
Registered
90 Posts
citystar said:
its the E90 key. The key for the 7 series is more square and made out of a higher quality plastic. The e90 key is made out of the same plastic that on all the rest of the normal twist keys like the E39 and E46 and e60's. I know this because I do Valet in hollywood and get to drive the whole bmw lineup ona weekly basis.
Okay, tell us whay really goes on after we leave our car behind :haha:

·
Registered
30 Posts
idivethesea said:
Okay, tell us whay really goes on after we leave our car behind :haha:
Hehe well honestly, it really depends on where the valet is located and upon how large the operation it is. At my location, I work in the VIP section which is in a garage a block away and get to drive all the sick cars (actually we had and e39 in LeMans blue last night which are quite common and i won't mess with those because i love themlovelove) which i may take out only for a trip around the block to get an idea of the throttle response and handling, but I won't abuse the car because i have respect for them. I may pop the hood to look for mods and take digital pictures, but I'm not your average valet. I actually know what cars I'm driving and can give the hp ratings and prices where most others will just know its an expensive car that goes fast. Bottom line though wherever you are, if you don't want you're beast touched or any other car for that matter, have your car parked and ask for the key and tip a little extra. You never know, it might save you a clutch or even your whole car from some moron thinking he knows how to handle all that power when they drive a civic.

Heres a sample of the cars that drive on a weekly basis. (The SL 65 belonged to the actress/singer Lindsey Lohan, but the Gallardo was just some random lucky schmuck with some money and an amazing car:viking:)

:edit: pics won't load :/ i'll keep trying later today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts