BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got back from Bavarian Auto's Show and Shine in lovely Portsmouth, NH. I'll post some pics when I get a chance...for those who've never been, it was well worth the ride and experience...lots of classics, show cars, exotics, tuner cars, etc, etc, etc...good food, fun, raffles, etc.

Anyway, one of the folks there who claimed to work for Dinan and was showcasing some of his work (I won't name the shop or person) had a 540I wagon with a Dinan stage 3 upgrade (Supercharger, diff upgrade, exhaust, software, 3:45 diff, etc)...Now the DINAN brochure states a 414HP final output with all the Stage 3 upgrades...but this guy claimed he was pushing 502HP!! hmmm :7:

As you can imagine, I was not convinved... and the more this guy and the owner yapped to the group checking out the car, I became more and more convinved they had no idea what the F! they were talking about....but before I call him on this BS, I just wanted to get input from some of the experts here. thanks!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think he would have to be up around 12lbs of boost to achieve those #'s. Any info on pulley size on the blower? Ported heads? ET's?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Of course it is possible. You can trade longevity for power all the way up to full nitro funny car engines making in excess of 7000 HP from a V8. Just keep turning up the boost. 'Course, one of their engines lasts exactly one run between rebuilds.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Another 80 or so hp increase in a boosted car? Sure that is pretty possible. It just depends on what he did above and beyond the Dinan mods. If Dinan states 414 and this guy has just their upgrades, then he is blowing some smoke up someones arse. But if he has modded it further, then I would believe it. A smaller pulley and more gas would do it just fine.
:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts