BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Company Representative for Enthusiast Auto
222 Posts
We have a top of the line Elcometer (paint meter) and all cars are measured during our PPI process in addition to a structural inspection. Any and all paintwork is disclosed to any interested buyer that contacts us and we work as hard as possible to avoid cars with any sheet metal paintwork. We welcome PPI's and personal inspections of our vehicles. We often time put our vehicles up on the lift for our buyers going over everything with them in person before they take delivery. We work hard to be as transparent as possible with our customers as our reputation will support.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Would you say that a car offered by EAG would not require a PPI done by an independent third party?
Getting a Post Purchase Inspection by your independent tech will tell you a few things about your car and also tell him that you are going to be an owner that is interested in the details.

If you don't already have a relationship with the guy who will be wrenching on your beloved beast, this is a good time to feel him out to see how much he knows about the S62 and common issues associated with the M5. There is no mystery about a 10 yr old car and what the common problems are. Ask what is entailed in the PPI, how many E39 M5's he has had the pleasure of working on, and any suggestions he may have in terms of preventive maint that can be done in the near future. Ask if you can be there for the PPI if it is an indy shop. BMW dealers usually won't let you in the work area but it never hurts to ask. Bringing your car to the dealer for the PPI isn't the worst thing either. I am not a fan of the dealers but there may be a tech there that owns an M5. You never know. The dealer can also access the car's history in terms of work that has been done by BMW. It is a couple of hundred bucks but other than an oil change, it will be the least amount you will ever spend on the car.
Having a thorough PPI done by a qualified tech and having him tell you that your car is in great shape and is in dire need of absolutely nothing is a happy day in my book. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
you should always have a PPI done

here are 2 cars that went through EAG and where advertised as

-ALL ORIGINAL
-ORIGINAL PAINT
-NO ACCIDENTS

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sale-wanted/150455-sale-2003-m5-51-000-miles-carbon-black.html

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sale-wanted/151254-2003-e39-m5-59k-sale.html

i don't have evidence of the cars being in accidents, but enough questionable stuff to turn me away
- the story on the black one changed once it arrived at EAG (the ad also had NO ACCIDENTS)
&
- the ad for the Chiaretto one was not as detailed as the others when it came to certain pictures
ok so I ended up with the Chiaretto. Please explain your implication.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
under mkansas' ownership the car was missing the 2 corner belly pans under the front bumper that flow into the wheel arches

also do you have a picture similar to this

Yes those were replaced, as explained by Eric, they are a very susceptible part to damage. Not sure what picture your referring to though?

·
222 Posts
All of our reconditioning and work orders are shared with our buyers prior to their purchase. We routinely replace cracked corner pans, refinish bumpers for imperfections, recondition wheels for production blemishes and curb damage, etc. We spend and average of $3-6K on every E39 M5 that comes through our operation.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
whoops album was set to private

if it still doesn't work
similar to the first one in this thread

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sale-wanted/196837-2000-m5-278-000-miles-wrecked-sale.html
Thanks for opening up the album. Having trouble viewing second pic but all the pics I had seen were from mkansas original FS thread and on EAG website. The first pic in the thread you show is of the engine bay and that was in the original FS post.

If you want to PM me so as to not hijack the OP thread Im ok with that, if you could provide more clues for me it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
OptimusPrimeM5 said:
Here is pic of engine bay on wider angle:
Am I the only one confused by the cryptic engine bay posts here? Come on, JohnAnthony, what is up?!!:confused:

·
4,308 Posts
Am I the only one confused by the cryptic engine bay posts here? Come on, JohnAnthony, what is up?!!:confused:
That was my mistake - i had set the source of my embeded images to private

The reason this car caused me to be skeptic is because with the missing pans and the reduced image it looked like serious damage was being hidden by both EAG and mkansas

·
222 Posts
That was my mistake - i had set the source of my embeded images to private

The reason this car caused me to be skeptic is because with the missing pans and the reduced image it looked like serious damage was being hidden by both EAG and mkansas
This is not the case. We buy and replace the plastic corner pans like they are going out of style at $115 per side. Optimus's Chiaretto is straight w/o issue. This was also verified through Baron BMW prior to our purchase as it was traded into them by MKansas.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Those corner pieces are easily broken on parking lot curb stones and have nothing to do with accidents. I know, I pulled too far forward and cracked one off and didn't even know it. Mark, in our BMW club bought his M5 from EAG and has had it for over two years and has nothing but good things to say about them and hasn't had any problems with his Beast except for the thermostat going out (pretty common problem too). I agree with an earlier post that low mileage (under 35,000 mile) E39 M5s are much harder to find and commanding higher prices than they were two years ago. Chiaretto Red is nice, but Oxford Green rules! I've never seen another of either color since I bought mine.

·
Registered
924 Posts
This looks like a good thread to test the waters for my car.

3 owner Southeast 50K miles. I am considering selling for personal reasons. In addition to the items listed in my signature I also have clear bra and the car is totally "dingless". Very clean and immaculately maintained.

Would like to know if some of you trolling in this thread have an interest or know someone who might.

Ideally I want to sell this to someone who appreciates what it is. I have another vehicle so selling to a dealer at wholesale is not necessary and I have no plan to trade it in.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts