BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
THAT CAR WAS FOR SALE WHEN I BOUGHT MINE IT WAS 24,900!!! what the hell? they nearly doubled the price??

·
Registered
150 Posts
There are only a handful of E39 M5s out there with under 20,000 miles on them. It's all supply and demand. We just had a 2001 24,000 mile M5 sell at $34,900 across the river in November.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
The saying is linked to PT Barnum but I don't think he said it...... "There's a sucker born every minute."

Throw a number out there and see if someone will pay it.

:checkeredflag:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Those EA guys try to make about 10k++ off every M5 they sell from what I see and apparently they are successful at it. New arrivals quite frequently.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
There are only a handful of E39 M5s out there with under 20,000 miles on them. It's all supply and demand. We just had a 2001 24,000 mile M5 sell at $34,900 across the river in November.
This.

Isn't the free market a wonderful thing? Too bad BMW doesn't make the E39 M5 anymore. With a decent set of OE factory headers and some other minor improvements, there may well be a market (not that I'm biased or anything!).

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I'd try to do the same if I was a commercial seller with a good condition low mileage ///M5. That's the point right, try to make as much money possible. Now the thing is if there is the "right" buyer for the price out there...

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
This.

Isn't the free market a wonderful thing? Too bad BMW doesn't make the E39 M5 anymore. With a decent set of OE factory headers and some other minor improvements, there may well be a market (not that I'm biased or anything!).
Sound like we should to get a petition going with BMW.
All I request is bigger brakes, lighter wheels, improved headers & S62tu (updated rod bearings)
Let's not forgot about what oil to use... ouich

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I will never understand EAG

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
What exactly is wrong with an enterprising niche car dealer who lists at a price they believe will sell? If the price is too high, it'll just sit there. Thing with E39 M5 is, pristine examples are getting rarer by the day, so long as they can afford to sit on it, someone will come along who has to have the lowest mileage best sorted example. I believe they provide liquidity, both for sellers as well as potential buyers of low mileage cars. No one is preventing anyone else from snatching up these cars and flipping them for 5 to 10k, if it were really that simple.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
EAG I understand....What I don't understand are the owners that sell them cars.

Too lazy or incapable of marketing their own I guess.

PS The ad says "stock car with no modifications"... E39M5s came with neither bluetooth nor sirius. And their list of 'options' is BS too. But I suppose marketing to folks that know no difference you need to. Say, what is the RAREST "BMW Option" on the E39 M5???

·
Registered
266 Posts
EAG does what they do and they do it very well. They will price Mcars high but give great service on the buying experience. For potential buyers that want to buy from some owner dude in another state that they hope is telling the truth--go for it. You may just get a deal.

EAG will command a higher premium than anyone else but will move more Mcars in a year than any other non factory dealer in the country. Hate them for making $ if you want but praise them for their business savvy at the same time. That low mileage M-5 won't last long even at that price.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Did you buy from EAG?
No i bought my car from a private seller, but before i bought mine, i saw this exact car for sale in texas. same VIN, mileage, etc. and the listing price was $24,999!! Unbelievable! they must have moved it to a different store (same dealer) and marked it up!?

·
Registered
304 Posts
THAT CAR WAS FOR SALE WHEN I BOUGHT MINE IT WAS 24,900!!! what the hell? they nearly doubled the price??
I don't think so.

This car was at a dealer in Ohio in 2010 and had less than 10K miles when I was looking to get mine. And back then I think that dealer wanted 36K IIRC.

The only reason I didn't get that one was because it had no folddown seats.

Used car prices have gone up, I don't know why people are so shocked. I drove my 30K mile 03 M5 that I bought in 2010 for free when it met its untimely death a few months back and then some. I paid 29K in 2010 and I got a settlement check of 32K just recently.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts