BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Not into the wheels on the M3 or M6 but love seeing the pristine examples. Would love to spend some time with an E34 M5 in this kind of condition. Could really learn a lot about how the car came from the factory.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I've still got the running in sticker on the window of my E34 M5 (57k km, 35,400 miles)

I think the diff oil was original also , totally black when it was changed :)

My M5 was parked up for over a decade, low mileage brings other problems, every hose was shot, a lot of suspension rubbers needed replacement.

The paint had gotten mildew under the car cover and the PO (2nd owner) buffed most of the clear and some of the color off to get it out, I'm up for a recoat.

Good points are the carpet and interior are still good and basic mechanical components are also ok and no rattles in the body/chassis.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I've still got the running in sticker on the window of my E34 M5 (57k km, 35,400 miles)

I think the diff oil was original also , totally black when it was changed :)

My M5 was parked up for over a decade, low mileage brings other problems, every hose was shot, a lot of suspension rubbers needed replacement.

The paint had gotten mildew under the car cover and the PO (2nd owner) buffed most of the clear and some of the color off to get it out, I'm up for a recoat.

Good points are the carpet and interior are still good and basic mechanical components are also ok and no rattles in the body/chassis.

Agree with Tony.

And most of garage queen cars have two problems:
1. Rubbers, seals, rust,
2. Too expensive
When You drive it then You'll lose half Your money instantly.
It is better to buy a MAINTAINED normal mileage car.

For $158,500 I'd build myself a V10 E30 M3 ala Piper Motorsport project car.
Now THAT will be scary.

Reactions: DiegoR

·
Registered
900 Posts
Thinking about these cars for sale I can see where the asking price might come from (whether it is over inflated or not). The cost to build an E28 M5 to that point with perfect paint and interior along with all the nuts and bolts etc would probably end up costing close to the asking price. Personally I think the price is a bit out there and something closer to the $70k mark would be more realistic however I wouldn't be too surprised if someone with deep pockets were to pick up either the M5 or M6 for over $100k. The M3 has too much changed and with the history of the car $100k + is probably a pipe dream at this point in time.

·
Registered
600 Posts
the e30 m3 is modded. wheels, evo2 headers but they say its an evo3 engine. i think thats a heroic price to ask for a modded car. but all the best to the seller.
That M3 is indeed interesting, says genuine evo with 2.5ltr engine upgrade (these should have red plugs as all evo 3'd did on black cam cover) but has the cam cover for the evo 2 which was built in 1988 with 2.3ltr only and non genuine alloy wheels trying to look like that of an Evo 3 but looks more like an imitation Ceccoto wheel set, someone is trying it on by the looks of it. Low mileage or not ad is not totally sincere here even ad says 1991 m3 but description says 1988!!! wonder which it is and the price is well Heroic and ambitious

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.