BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of you guys have a stroker but does it really put out this much power? I would think this would be an easy 10 second car and a much safer option than running a supercharger for similar 700+rwhp gains

Dinan V10 track Engine Glows Purple! | Speed Society

Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
^^that's a one-off that they built. It was never raced in competition. They built and supplied GrandAm with s62s and s65s. Last year was the last year of the s65.

RD Sport also makes a Stroker for the s85...and of course, there are custom builds out there as well.

Registered
Besides the two already noted I think Troy is working with a shop that builds strokers too.

And no they do not put out that much power :blink:

Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
That engine was built for this. Still available if you want to pony up the cash I believe...
You need to drop that thing into your project!!!!!! Take one for the team Jim!

Registered
That engine was built for this. Still available if you want to pony up the cash I believe...
Now that would be something worth worshiping!!

I want it......

Registered
Mine made 628hp at the flywheel according to Dinan, they were able to look it up in there files.

Registered
Mine made 628hp at the flywheel according to Dinan, they were able to look it up in there files.

Would you do it again? I had a new '14 Mustang GT (420hp) hang with me up to 120, mind you I did have 5 people and +350#'s in the trunk. Probably exceeded the GVWR. I'm sure the Stang is now happy it hung with an M5; so now I need more power;)

Cheers!

Registered
Would you do it again? I had a new '14 Mustang GT (420hp) hang with me up to 120, mind you I did have 5 people and +350#'s in the trunk. Probably exceeded the GVWR. I'm sure the Stang is now happy it hung with an M5; so now I need more power;)

Cheers!
I never lose a race because if they can keep up, I put it on cruise control and keep going till they disappear, 120mph in a mustang is holding on for dear life.

Registered
I never lose a race because if they can keep up, I put it on cruise control and keep going till they disappear, 120mph in a mustang is holding on for dear life.

I didn't say I stopped at 120 I said he hung with me till 120;) I also had about 1,250#'s in the car; I was quite impressed he didn't walk me with that much extra weight, but no no....

Cheers!

Registered
A little weight reduction is called for and a re-race :cheers:

Registered
Noelle also made/makes a stroker. Similar power numbers to Dinan's.

Registered
Yup

DINAN

Noelle

RDSport

VAC motorsports

Lang Racing

and I'm sure there are a few more.

Like mentioned above, that DINAN motor in the Video is a one-off and on a bench not in car.

Registered
I would think that this motor if you were to push towards just a max hp would make 800hp when stroked and with big cams head work and race gas. Nascar does it all day long with v8 about the same CI!

Registered
I would think that this motor if you were to push towards just a max hp would make 800hp when stroked and with big cams head work and race gas. Nascar does it all day long with v8 about the same CI!
Nascar cars do not last long either.....:1:

Registered
Nascar cars do not last long either.....
I disagree those motors last a long time under race conditions and even longer when they become garage queens! If you take the restrictor plates and a little more street friendly cam it would go 100k easy, but running race gas might cost more then most would pay to get there!

A friend of mine runs one in a drag car that he bought after it was raced and goes every week to the track bracket races it been running for years with just minor maintenance. I think those are the toughest motors in racing after all the run wide open the entire time.

Ok the cars don't last long I get it! LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts