BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
M3forum.net has an M5 section, and no plans to move off vbulletin...
Well, there's that. Maybe it's time to visit there more often.

·
Administrator
857 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts

Covers all of the M5 cars but it looks nice and easy to navigate. Less of that social media, money-hungry vibe to it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Moving the thread over here, to a place where basically nobody comes, effectively silences us doesn’t it?
I hope the spray of advertisement can be fixed, but possibly it’s intended. 🙄

·
Administrator
105 Posts
Moving the thread over here, to a place where basically nobody comes, effectively silences us doesn’t it?
I hope the spray of advertisement can be fixed, but possibly it’s intended. 🙄
View attachment 930010

Thanks for the screenshot this has been reported.

Jeff M

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Are you guys not using ad-blocker? I'm not seeing any at all, but I still don't like the layout.
I'm using AdBlock+ on Firefox, and I see nothing in terms of ads but huge amounts of blank space. After 17 years here on the board, I'm done with it at this point. It's been a good run like my E39 M5 I sold last year. Hopefully the preservation of all the huge work, contribution, etc, of so many fantastic posters will remain here for current and future owners to access. If not, archive.org should be of some help although not easy to search. Of course with advanced search now gone, this site is almost useless for searching on specific topics and users. 2002 almost seems like a long time ago now. :)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I also can't see the ads (thanks to adblock), but still find this new format completely useless. All meaningful functionality has been stripped, with the valuable information buried as a result.

The entire thing reminds me of why I don't use any facebook groups.

It's just kind of sickening, as it undermines the contributions of others over a long, LONG time.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
I'm using AdBlock+ on Firefox, and I see nothing in terms of ads but huge amounts of blank space. After 17 years here on the board, I'm done with it at this point. It's been a good run like my E39 M5 I sold last year. Hopefully the preservation of all the huge work, contribution, etc, of so many fantastic posters will remain here for current and future owners to access. If not, archive.org should be of some help although not easy to search. Of course with advanced search now gone, this site is almost useless for searching on specific topics and users. 2002 almost seems like a long time ago now. :)
Well said Chuck.

I’m using an ad-blocker and a VPN too, which kills all the annoying adverts.

I’m about ready to tap-out too. The new format is awful.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Hey @administrator regarding your post 'Aug 13, 2019 Advanced Search and Feedback Progress' sure all sounds fine but you're missing the main point here. The new layout is just horrible. Wasted space everywhere. Ads inserted right in the middle of a thread are annoying AF. And there's a crazy number of ads too...

As far as signatures I'd suggest to limit the number of characters. I mean as much as I like @Fiftytwoeighty his signature right above this post takes a full page lol...

·
Administrator
105 Posts
Hello all,

To answer a few of the above questions, we will be making weekly updates to the new software-based upon user feedback. I do not have an ETA yet however, I have been in some demos discussing the following.

1. Signature limits will be set and defined in the near future.
2. We are developing an advanced search option with additional ways to filter.
3. There is a possibility of a larger screen format coming down the pipeline.

More info here:

Please keep feedback in the Community Feedback thread for monitoring.

Jeff M

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.