BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Agreed. So much wasted space. Make the forum messages wider! Too many new ads being inserted everywhere now too. More than before!

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
This new setup is awful.
I agree. I did use the classic setting, which is similar to other boards I frequent. I think it was the best layout of all of the boards.

I understand "progress" so I am willing to try, but I am already spending a lot less time here. I don't know if the advertiser's care (and there seems to be WAY more ads, now interspersed throughout each discussion), so it may not matter. I am not sure "change" always equals progress.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
806 Posts
Unfortunately this change isn’t about progress, it’s about $ of course. This change is only about streamlining advertisement. It’s not about making the forum better for users. Obviously right, because it sucks now. Notice that now when you go to a thread about, let’s say, the best brake pads, guess what you’re going to see an ad, or 2 for?
They have to make money, I understand that. It just seems odd that a company that owns over 800 forums, wouldn’t understand how to make the perfect user friendly platform. Clearly they missed that mark by a long way. What they nailed was a whitewashed advertisement platform.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just checked it out.

Pros: dark theme and being able to upload an avatar.
Cons: a lot of wasted space. I'm currently not seeing any ads but will probably see them later at home.

I also realized I'm seriously likeable and can't stop coming back. Also who likes me?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I used to use the classic format as well, especially on a phone. This new version seems ok to me so far - it’s certainly quicker than the old version...

·
Registered
59 Posts
This upgrade looks ok with me thou, I know It will take sometime to get use to it.

@ADMIN the adds are to much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Where is Gustav when he's needed?

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Yeah...Hi Gustav, wherever you are. This new format sucks. Full disclosure: I don't like change for change itself.

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
I would guess odds are 100% that this is it from now on. There is no turning back for the forum owners. In fact, there likely isn't s/w written to translate "whatever this is forum" back to vbulletin of course. Their goal was not to serve their users (else we wouldn't have this awful interface with many former powerful features now gone). Like other media platforms (some of us don't participate in), the goal is most likely to financialize, exploit and sell whatever data about the users they can.

·
Registered
314 Posts
M3forum.net has an M5 section, and no plans to move off vbulletin...
Wonder if the important DIYs, etc. could be migrated over somehow.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Although old dogs can learn new tricks, no one said we don't get to growl in the process, I do miss the old board, growl.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.