BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
10,456 Posts
yes, press the tpc button, the dash display will say tire defect inactive or something like that. The system is now off.

·
Registered
531 Posts
if you fill your tires up to where you want them (say 38 all around), then get in, turn the key to position 2, don't start it, then press and hold the tpc button for 10 seconds it will reset itself to the next measured value (assumingly 38 psi) next time you drive. I think that's correct.

It's in the owners manual.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
your diff is probably going the tire pressure moniter measures the rotations not psi

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
your diff is probably going the tire pressure moniter measures the rotations not psi
????

Could be a wheel sensor, but not the differential. Yes, it infers tire pressure by looking at rotation differences- but unless the wheel is skidding it cannot rotate at a different speed due to a 'bad diff'....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been getting the same tire default message as well. I assume that it might be bacause I am running 275's at all 4 corners.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Boober, do a reset of the system (the key to 2, press & hold thingy). I had to reset it everytime I would swap between the 18 and 20" wheels.
Matt

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I had thought it was a sensor as well... it could be for his case but it turned out to be a bad diff so while i was taking turns it would say tire defect or driving on the highway for longer than 10 min it would come on so who knows...

funny thing is that i replaced the new diff a few months later with the dinan 3.45

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
????

Could be a wheel sensor, but not the differential. Yes, it infers tire pressure by looking at rotation differences- but unless the wheel is skidding it cannot rotate at a different speed due to a 'bad diff'....
+1

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
This type of sensor (rotational difference type) with throw a tire defect message if you take a l o n g sweeping corner at speed ... even if just set and the system is working correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts