BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that we necessarily need a bigger tank than anywhere else but I'm hoping that there is some weird reason to give us one :)

Have the US and ROW specs for tank size historically been the same?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
M3Racer said:
Not that we necessarily need a bigger tank than anywhere else but I'm hoping that there is some weird reason to give us one :)

Have the US and ROW specs for tank size historically been the same?
No chance - it would mean rehomologating the E60 shell.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hythe said:
No chance - it would mean rehomologating the E60 shell.
****, 70L sure seems small for a car with this kind of potential consumption.

Hell, my Maserati Spyder has like a 22 or 23 US gal tank and I've done as well as 20 mpg on it...not a huge car either (although heavy).

Anyone know what e60 525s, 530s, and 545s have? I realize they don't consume at the same rate but maybe they just gave us whatever the e60 already had.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
The BMW website shows the 525, 530 and 545 all to have the identical 18.5 US gallon fuel capacity. It is obviously a function of the shell, and would likely have been cost prohibitive for M to change this.

Tom

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yup - my E60 530i has the same 70l tank and I average c.27mpg (imperial) in it, with a mix of (high-speed) highway driving, city congestion and a little bit of country lanes.

I suspect that my B5 will average about 23mpg over the same route and that an M5 driven in a similar manner might average 18-19mpg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts