BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

Right now mt beast has muffler delete. It has stock headers,cats and resornators. Mufflers are deleted.

I am thinking of adding a x pipe with no resornators.

Would I be endagering the cars performance ???? I mean , I am making the cars exhaust to flow more freely.

What kind of things do I need to worry about ///???

I am fully aware of the sound. How rediculosly loud its going to get . So please share your thouhgts interms of performance.

Less back pressure , so I would loose some reponsiveness??? But more power on higher end??????

Thank you for your time .

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
+1 on Nightkrawler's comments. With the muffler delete, the car sounds REALLY nice and no drone. If you are going to keep the muffler delete setup, dont get rid of the resonator. If you at some decide to change out and get mufflers, then maybe you can consider x-pipe and resonator delete.....My personal opinion.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I agree.

May not be much, but I would expect some low end power loss. That and major noise would make it a no-go for a street car in my book.

dj

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree.

May not be much, but I would expect some low end power loss. That and major noise would make it a no-go for a street car in my book.

dj
Thank you for your reply ~!! You mentioned low end power loss~ How about high end ???? Would I gain anything? I mean straight pipe from

the Catback ~!! I am bit concerend about the droane, once I remove the resornators.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It will be very loud. Search for Atlanta M5's videos when he had that setup.

I have an SS Xpipe and Magnaflows and i am now considering adding some resonators back in to try and squelch some of the drone.

·
Registered
989 Posts
When I had my x-pipe in I did notice alittle loss of low end power, but it is negligible... I had a meisterschaft x-pipe and meisterschaft GT2 cans, and it's was extremely loud... Drone wasn't all that bad... Some set-ups are truly unbearable.... I took the x-pipe off and put the resonators back in b/c of the noise level... I was getting pulled over for my exhaust every other week and I had a child on the way... If I had to do it all over again I would have never took the resonators out and just put the rear cans on as I have now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts