BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not driven my M5 in over a week and I am having withdrawls!!!:mad: With spring only 12 days away the snow just won't stop. Just got another 5 inches here today in the northeast. :crying: Anyone else share my pain? Sorry to bore everyone but I had to vent:(

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Wow, we are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I wish we still we getting snow here in Prescott, as I missed most of it this season. Difference though is I take my Jetta out in it for fun, rather than letting my car hibernate. Hopefully the snow will end for you and you'll be back on the road soon.
:cheers:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I hear ya! I used to love snow. Then I got my M5 last month, and now I hate snow.

Next year I'll pony up for snow tires and wheels, but for now think Spring!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
gumball said:
In england, we don't get that problem....we just get rain instead!
You've not been in the Southeast UK lately - bad snow down here last week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oooowww...thats news to me! i didnt realise that there has been bad snow in this this country latley. We had a little bit of snow about 2 weeks ago but it melted in a couple of hours

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Beamer_usa said:
I have not driven my M5 in over a week and I am having withdrawls!!!:mad: With spring only 12 days away the snow just won't stop. Just got another 5 inches here today in the northeast. :crying: Anyone else share my pain? Sorry to bore everyone but I had to vent:(
Snow, what is snow??? :1: Now, hurricanes I understand!!
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Snow just stoped in south sweden this week end, very nice but stil insainly cold but we will get through it, it should be a spring month .......... ??? we have another problem in scandinavia thay spred salt alot to melt the snow and is alot, thats very hard on the cars so hoping for som heavy rain and then spring, the old Volvo must run alitle more

·
Registered
328 Posts
We have been extremely lucky here this winter, no snow to speak of.
One time we did get a couple inches, but it was gone by the afternoon.
I have great snows on my X5, havent been able to get my moneys worth yet:)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
My beast's been hiberanting since December 11. :crying: :crying: :crying: We got lucky with the weather and missed the last big deposit of snow the east coast just got so she came out of hiding yesterday to some blue skies and sun. March 8 was her second birthday so off came the cover and some quality beast time was enjoyed. It's amazing how you never loose that cheshire cat smile. :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
I know the feeling sublimaze. My M3 is terrible here in New York where it seems like no one can drive in snow. If it is this bad now with only 240 ponies I can't image what it is going to be like with 400. I am beginning to wonder whether getting an M5 as a daily driver in the northeast is good idea. I am encouraged by the prior post that indicate that with snow tires the M5 is great.

Another thing that I feel has saved me is the manual transmission. I find I am able to slip the clutch in 2d gear to make a smooth slow but non skidding start.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts