BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....a good gauge of how the previous owner drove it?

49K miles, and consumption #1 hasn't budged 18.2 mpg since I bought it, avg speed 34 mph. Looking at others' mpg on this board, seems pretty good...

So - post your lifetime mopg.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Where do you find that? The 2 indicators that I see can be reset. I usually leave the 2nd one as it is an indicator of my long term consumption (now at 19.4) while I reset the 1st one often between trips or fill-ups of fuel.

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, your style is what I do - use one for between the pumps, leave the other constant and don't touch it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I find that once reset the OBC will give you a readout of an ever increasing time/distance gap.
What I mean is that once pressed, the readout is almost instant, as time goes on and weeks turn into months the accuracy dwindles away taking its reading into more of an 'average'.

·
Registered
929 Posts
....a good gauge of how the previous owner drove it?

49K miles, and consumption #1 hasn't budged 18.2 mpg since I bought it, avg speed 34 mph. Looking at others' mpg on this board, seems pretty good...

So - post your lifetime mopg.
21.9 miles per UK gallon Yours is 21.85 per UK gallon I think. Good match...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mine is nearer 16!! 60% of my mileage is around the A406 (North Circular) between NW london and E london (15 miles of highway driving), with the occasional trip to work (Canary Wharf) (25 miles of highway). 10% on motorways and the rest is around town. I think you can judge my driving style from the mpg figure lol!!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Mine's nearer to 18 MPG (UK). What sort of driving do you do? I live in London, so you can imagine... ouich

Mix of country A and B roads + motorway. Hardly any city driving so I would expect to get better mpg.

·
Registered
12,891 Posts
Where do you find that? The 2 indicators that I see can be reset. I usually leave the 2nd one as it is an indicator of my long term consumption (now at 19.4) while I reset the 1st one often between trips or fill-ups of fuel.

+1. Mine (cons 2 is long term) is sitting at 19.7, average speed 37.9. But that is not only a reflection of how hard you drive, but average speeds and mix of city and highway.

If I travel at 80, I will average say 24. If I run at 70, I average 27. If I run at 60 I average 29. But that doesn't tell you how long at each speed and how much city-highway. So if I do mostly highway at 80, it is similar to someone who does 60/40 highway and drives slower on the highway.

So, for the OP, at best it is a very rough barometer of time and distance, but not really how hard the car was driven since you can't know the highway/city mix. At least, that is how I see it.:cheers:

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
369 Posts
22.4 mpg and I certainly have fun in it (do you think it might be a diesel?):haha2::haha2::haha2::haha2::M5launch:

·
Registered
12,891 Posts
22.4 mpg and I certainly have fun in it (do you think it might be a diesel?):haha2::haha2::haha2::haha2::M5launch:
Uh, are you "cheating" with those Imperial gallons?:eek:oohhh::biggrinbounce:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ledfoot,

I am obviously driving like an old lady - 20.1 mpg since I bought it (but mine are UK gallons as opposed to US, so that might be the same thing )?

Cheers

TrickyTrev:cheers:

·
Registered
877 Posts
At my first track event I average 6.2 mpg for the day! Not relevant, but thought I'd share. :M5launch:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Go on then, depress me, what are you guys in the US paying for a gallon of petrol? Also, sorry for my ignorance, what is the octane of your fuel over there?

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Guys if it makes you feel better a litre of 98RON octane petrol in the UK is £1.19 at my local Shell garage - or £5.95 per gallon - just under $11.50 a UK gallon . Ho leesh it!

Cheers

TrickyTrev:M5launch:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts