BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So when I turn my '03 m5 off and listen, I hear something spinning down, kinda like a turbo. Now I know there's no turbo in there, just a nice V8! So where is that sound coming from? It lasts probably just a bit over 5 seconds, and reminds me of my Saab! I was thinking it's the flywheel, but it does this even if I leave the car in gear when I turn it off. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe the flywheel is connected to the crankshaft so once the engine stops turning, so does the flywheel. I am confident that the sound you hear is the electric cooling fans shutting down.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Oh it's the turbo all right!

Actually it is the electric fan winding down. Turn the engine back on with the hood up and have someone else turn it off.

Mark :cool2:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
It's the Flux Capacitor system bleeding off excess pressure in the temporal vaporization chamber...no need to worry...

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
M-Fünf said:
It's the Flux Capacitor system bleeding off excess pressure in the temporal vaporization chamber...no need to worry...

Flux Capacitor :haha: I like it. Perhaps you overlooked the Magnesium Crystal Oscillator?

Mark

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
no...its the continuom transfunctioner...SWEET, DUDE!

lets see if anyone pics up on that one
I think that's technically a (human) body part ;)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
""I think that's technically a (human) body part""

Oh, no :nono:

This "continuom transfunctioner" can actually distroy the universe!

Anyone know if its still the Scandinavian guys who are in charge of it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am still having nightmares over the tatoo part of the movie. "dude"... (I forget the other one). Scary movie :) Hot chicks though... thats what counts

bayerischemotor said:
""I think that's technically a (human) body part""

Oh, no :nono:

This "continuom transfunctioner" can actually distroy the universe!

Anyone know if its still the Scandinavian guys who are in charge of it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts