BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 M5. This is the second time this has happened. I parked the car overnight in my garage (in my house). I closed all the doors, and I am positive that all the windows were closed. When I came to get in the car today (about 30 hours later) all four windows were completely open. No one in my family went into the car. No break-in (the garage door was closed and intact). Is there a setting in idrive that will roll down the windows on its own?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
I have an '08 M5. This is the second time this has happened. I parked the car overnight in my garage (in my house). I closed all the doors, and I am positive that all the windows were closed. When I came to get in the car today (about 30 hours later) all four windows were completely open. No one in my family went into the car. No break-in (the garage door was closed and intact). Is there a setting in idrive that will roll down the windows on its own?

Thanks.

I can't recall but are you the member who thougth comfort access was flawed but didn't realize that one of the keys was hidden in the back seat.

Do you have possession of ALL your keys?

I think you can open the windows with the remote....but I don't have my manual handy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've found that if you have the bmw leather key holder, there was a lesser chance of inadvertently pressing the unlock key in your purse or pocket.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would pressing one of the buttons on the key cause the windows to open?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Why would pressing one of the buttons on the key cause the windows to open?
I believe if you hold your unlock button for a couple of seconds it outs down the windows as thats the way it is in my mini...

·
Registered
915 Posts
your probably pressing one of the unlock keys by accident.. (in your pocket)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts