BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just bougt a 00 E39 M5 and my car has a lot of facelift options. Is there anybody here know if my car is a "facelift" E39 M5 and know more of the techical differenses from the 98-99 productions..?

The productiondate is 05.05.2000 and the car have the new cluster (grey and like e46 m3 01 option), wheel presure sensor (01 options), glassroof and have the color Lemans blue (01-> color) :)..

It dont have the facelift lamps and steering wheel and have the old small navi monitor. Is my car a "bastard" ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi
"Is my car a "bastard" ?" Made me lol
I wouldn't say that, my pre-facelift has the newer cluster, fitted by BMW in 2003, possibly as part of the pixel repair, so possibly you have the same. The other options like glass sunroof and tyre control were standard on all M5's I believe, my Dec 99 has these too. The most telling thing from the info you provided is the small nav monitor. This could not be installed in a facelift model as the wiring changed from round pin to flat pin after facelift. Do a search and you will be able to find a list of all the changes to really confirm :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Facelift model production started September 2000, your car is a pre-facelift model.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know the real facelift is september 00, but i have read other places that the lemansblue color came on facelift.. When did the "new" engine with the oil problem issues came? Same as the tire pressure control. I've seen and tried several 99models and none of them had the tire pressure control..

In the broshure facelift got this as standard, same as el. glasroof and el rollo in backwindow (european marked). Mine has this to.. That's why i call mine a stranger.. :)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
check your VIN for verification of build and options. On the US market cars the sunshade was an option for all e39 M5s (start of production MY '00). Also, for the US market, at least, the wiring for cars with the small navigation display is the same as that for the wide screen so it is a direct retro-fit. The grey face gages were standard starting 09/00 and those cars with black faced gages which had their clusters replaced for the pixels issue by BMW received the updated grey faced gages. The RDW (tyre monitor) was also, iirc, standard starting 09/00.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok. So the cluster is replaced caus pixelfault..

What about the inside rear mirror? i got the round one and the key to the car is the new small one. My old 99 had the large key like E34/E38 ..

I cant find the lemansblue color as a color option in the 99/00..

Edit.. Found out that lemansblue came in february 2000 and the oval mirror in 9.99.. Correct?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts