1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I was recently offered an Alpina E30 B6 2.8
I don't remember the year of the car, but it has around 140'000 km
it's a 4-door model, with brown metallic paint.
The point is that engine has overheating problems.

I passed on it but price was in the 3000 EUR range.
So now i'm still thinking of it, can be a fine daily driver but the exact source of problem is unknown...

Did i do a MAJOR mistake?:confused: ?????? :sad2: (and i should hurry to call him back)
Or was it a good decision? cherrsagai cherrsagai hiha

·
Registered
885 Posts
If it was a simple problem they would have fixed it themselves.So you probably looking at a tear in the head for starters.
Alpina parts are very expensive.Good decision i would say.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my turbo on my B7 was dead, so i know the everything is indeed expensive. That said, i thought that the B6 2.8 unit is maybe easier to deal with ?:confused: :3:

Owner was not that much into the technical thing at all, i doubt he even brought the car to a garage to have it inspected. He was into changing car when the problem occured.

Well, i did a low offer, we^'ll see what happens next.

I also spotted a nice B6 3.5 2-doors, diamond black colour and lether seats, that one is **** pretty, it has no plates, i have to investigate to see if it is whether for sale or not !

·
Registered
375 Posts
could be something simple like the thermostat or a dirty radiator...but could also be a cracked head or even block!

My dad's E30 325i Conv. needed an all new engine after having severe and unsolvable overheating problems. Turned out to be a cracked block. New engine was 5k Euro installed at the dealer.

Have that car checked at some good shop before you buy it.

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
No idea how strict the TuV/MoT laws are in Switzerland but you could always substitute a 528i or 535i engine for the time being while you figure out what to do with the B6 2.8 engine. As a daily driver it should be fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts