BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to work on my own car. Is it possible to install the pulley on the m6 myself without taking out the compressor, intercooler ...

Can't seem to find any thread with pictures of the installation. I would really appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks

Happy motoring!

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
If you have to ask, I'd suggest you get a BMW technician to put it on.

:cheers:

Reactions: Clyde

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but would that void my warranty? finding a bmw technician then they would definitely know.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
but would that void my warranty? finding a bmw technician then they would definitely know.
Doesn't have to be a BMW Dealer tech - it can be a non-dealer BMW tech. Also, if you are trying to hide it don't use the evosport pulley it has too many markings, the RPI is more stealth. And, if you put the Dinan 13% pulley on you keep all BMW with Dinan full support warranties in effect. Many BMW dealerships install all Dinan products.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
You can install it yourself if your mechanically compotent, but this is not an easy job. You do not pull anything out. Just loosen tensioner pulley and idler pulley and slide belts over. But it is very cramped and the belts are super tight. So expect 3 hours or so unless you get really lucky or have the strongest finger muscles this side of Popeye.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I like to work on my own car. Is it possible to install the pulley on the m6 myself...
If you change your own oil, you should be able to install the pulley :M5thumbs:
I did an oil change over the weekend, and noticed the pulley is easily to access from below.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts