BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 E60. I would like to change the factory lights to a different color, perhaps 10K? Is this possible? Is the factory system HID? DO I need the entire conversion kit?

Also, has anyone added HID fogs to the E60 M5. I would really like this but am unsure if it's possible. Sorry if this is redundent, I'm an Emergency Medicine guy, not adept at these things. Thx in advance.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I have an 06 E60. I would like to change the factory lights to a different color, perhaps 10K? Is this possible? Is the factory system HID? DO I need the entire conversion kit?

Also, has anyone added HID fogs to the E60 M5. I would really like this but am unsure if it's possible. Sorry if this is redundent, I'm an Emergency Medicine guy, not adept at these things. Thx in advance.
Yes definitely possible, all you need to do is get a new HID bulb that is rated with the color temp you desire. You need a D1S bulb replacement. Let me know if you need some, we got them for you in 6000K and 8000K, OEM is 4300K...

HID fogs should theoretically be possible with an aftermarket HID 9006 bulb retrofit kit for the fogs. I did HID fogs in my car but had to use the Navcoder software in order to recode the LCM (light control module) in order to turn off the bulb warnings in the OBC in addition to disabling the cold monitoring system in order to allow the HID fogs to function properly....

You would (most likely) need to either have access to LCM reprogramming or wire in a capacitor/resistor for the HID fogs in order to avoid errors/flickering issues....

Regards

Cal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts