1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
No good; three thumbs down.

·
Registered
279 Posts
not much room in the engine bay with the M6's V10... maybe they can squeeze a turbo in the bay somewhere in the V8 models, but there is a reason why we have yet to see any decent turbo-tuned M5/6 cars around... and it comes down to engineering beyond eBay specials.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
not much room in the engine bay with the M6's V10... maybe they can squeeze a turbo in the bay somewhere in the V8 models, but there is a reason why we have yet to see any decent turbo-tuned M5/6 cars around... and it comes down to engineering beyond eBay specials.
We can have it for $350,000.. :D

800HP Twin Turbo M5

-b.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm going to have to fully disagree, my M6 is about to be twin-turbo'd and sitting in the 820whp range (faster than the G-Power - in all aspects), and has cost me slightly over $200k; $75K for the twin-turbo kit from ASR (no, it's not available yet.) and $35k on interior/exterior work. + $107k for the car itself. It will be one of the first in the world, and the last thing I'm waiting on is for ASR to finish testing. The interior/exterior work is already done, and I expect 100% completion by late March, early April.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm going to have to fully disagree, my M6 is about to be twin-turbo'd and sitting in the 820whp range (faster than the G-Power - in all aspects), and has cost me slightly over $200k; $75K for the twin-turbo kit from ASR (no, it's not available yet.) and $35k on interior/exterior work. + $107k for the car itself. It will be one of the first in the world, and the last thing I'm waiting on is for ASR to finish testing. The interior/exterior work is already done, and I expect 100% completion by late March, early April.

If you know better then fair enough but is this kit actually coming to fruition? I understand a couple of M5 owners have been left slightly more than just disappointed?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Not that is really matters, but the eBay kit is for a V8 6 series, not our V10 engines.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mark, are they not good? tell me before I invest the $..if the car is not going to make the power they say it is then I'm just going to go with G-Power..

·
Registered
70 Posts
TT

I do hope you haven`t handed over any hard earned yet?

Go G-Power or if you can wait a little longer ESS. Both companies have fought hard for their deserved reputation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
haven't handed over a cent yet..I was going to pay for it all up front..what is the ESS offering? I'm looking to have a 10s M6..you happen to know how much the g-power kit is? I know the hurricane is $250k..

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
haven't handed over a cent yet..I was going to pay for it all up front..what is the ESS offering? I'm looking to have a 10s M6..you happen to know how much the g-power kit is? I know the hurricane is $250k..
ESS' Supercharger is just finishing its testing (they are known for solid products and keep that reputation by their extensive testing before releasing to the public).

For the $75k you were planning to spend, you could get a Dinan Stroker and then add the ESS Supercharger and I'd gather you'd be real close to hitting your mark -- It's really hard to say without trying it. You could be in that combo for under $50k though and still have some money left over for headers and other tweaks.

-b.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
the Dinan package by itself is $50k for stage 3..what would be a good choice of headers to go with?
Yes, the package is, but I was specifically talking about the engine. The rest is minor HP gains from bolt-ons and suspension/drivetrain stuff. I would, however, recommend the Dinan intakes, throttle bodies and some RPI scoops (intakes).

For headers, I like RPI or Agency Power but you will hear a lot of the folks here talking about Supersprint and Evosport too.

-b.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts